It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who rate shop once a year will presumably move their business because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced company. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who shopped around every year saved $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on insurance is your target objective, knowing how to find companies and compare insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Really, the only way to get budget auto insurance rates in Nashville is to compare prices regularly from different companies who provide car insurance in Tennessee.
First, read about how your policy works and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, accidents and a low credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives tips to help keep prices low and get additional discounts.
Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies. Compare rates now
Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a signed application and payment for the new coverage. Once coverage is bound, put the proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you are already insured or need new coverage, follow these tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing protection. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Nashville is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Smart shoppers just have to learn how to compare prices online from multiple companies.
Car insurance providers offering affordable price quotes in Tennessee
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Tennessee. If you want cheap car insurance in Tennessee, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$1,026||$513||$86|
|Chevrolet Malibu LS||$1,026||$513||$86|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$1,176||$588||$98|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$1,114||$557||$93|
|Ford Edge Sport AWD||$1,088||$544||$91|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$868||$434||$72|
|Ford F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$966||$483||$81|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,004||$502||$84|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$868||$434||$72|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$868||$434||$72|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,360||$680||$113|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$1,026||$513||$86|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,088||$544||$91|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,176||$588||$98|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,088||$544||$91|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in your specific Nashville location which can influence price quotes greatly.
Are you receiving every discount?
Auto insurance companies do not advertise the entire discount list very well, so we break down both the well known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Nashville auto insurance online.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Nashville auto insurance quote when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Nashville auto insurance quote.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow their insurance company to look at driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give lower premium rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies reward drivers for buying a new policy before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Nashville could earn you a nice discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Auto insurance companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above include:
When comparing rates, check with all the companies to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not be available in Nashville. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Tennessee, follow this link.
Smart consumers know how to buy insurance cheaper
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the things that go into determining your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a few of the things used by companies to determine rates.
- Females pay lower premiums – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. They both cause fender benders at a similar rate, but males tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Cheaper rates by consolidating – Lots of companies provide better rates for people who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you still need to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Premiums drop with age – Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets. Teen drivers are statistically shown to get distracted easily in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Save by driving less – Driving more miles each year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. Double check that your policy reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Credit score impacts premium rates – Having a bad credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay. Therefore, if your credit is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle if you improve your credit rating. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
- The type of vehicle makes a difference – The type of vehicle you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The most favorable rates are generally reserved for lower cost passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Independent and exclusive insurance agents
Many people still like to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheaper rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is especially important in Nashville.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Different types of Nashville car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local Nashville insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they work. Car insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s important to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to contact a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Nashville who can help you get rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Below are Nashville exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Choosing an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
When getting Nashville auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Budget-friendly insurance in Nashville can be sourced on the web and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to save on insurance in Nashville. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Nashville auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Nashville? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)