Getting cheaper Nashville Dodge Ram insurance quotes can appear to be impossible for people new to comparing prices online. With so many options of online companies, how can you be able to compare every one to find cheaper car insurance rates?
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price are likely to move their business because there is a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who regularly compared price quotes saved on average $70 a month compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding low prices for auto insurance is your objective, learning how to shop for car insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
Smart consumers take time to shop coverage around on a regular basis because prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the lowest price on Dodge Ram insurance in Nashville at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the tricks you need to know to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Our objective is to teach you how to get online quotes and also save some money in the process If you’re already insured, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using the following tips. Although Tennessee car owners must learn how big insurance companies set your policy premium.
Compare Nashville Dodge Ram insurance quotes online
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies will enable you to find lower pricing. Not every company provides Nashville Ram insurance quotes online, so you need to compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Tennessee. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Tennessee, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Coverage statistics and figures
The coverage information shown below highlights detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Dodge Ram models. Learning more about how policy rates are determined can assist in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$238||$416||$424||$26||$126||$1,230||$103|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$270||$508||$424||$26||$126||$1,354||$113|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$270||$508||$424||$26||$126||$1,354||$113|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$270||$508||$424||$26||$126||$1,354||$113|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$270||$508||$424||$26||$126||$1,354||$113|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$270||$508||$424||$26||$126||$1,354||$113|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$270||$508||$424||$26||$126||$1,354||$113|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$270||$508||$424||$26||$126||$1,354||$113|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$270||$508||$424||$26||$126||$1,354||$113|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$300||$598||$424||$26||$126||$1,474||$123|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$300||$598||$424||$26||$126||$1,474||$123|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$300||$598||$424||$26||$126||$1,474||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$300||$598||$424||$26||$126||$1,474||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$300||$598||$424||$26||$126||$1,474||$123|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$300||$598||$424||$26||$126||$1,474||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$300||$598||$424||$26||$126||$1,474||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$300||$598||$424||$26||$126||$1,474||$123|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$300||$598||$424||$26||$126||$1,474||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$300||$688||$424||$26||$126||$1,564||$130|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$300||$688||$424||$26||$126||$1,564||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can modify prices greatly.
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can affect Dodge Ram insurance rates for different age categories. The data is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Dodge Ram insurance rates by gender
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Buying the right Ram insurance in Tennessee is an important decision
Despite the high cost, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will force you to carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $700 annually so compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Five Things That Determine Your Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help calculate your car insurance rates. When you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
The type of car makes a difference – The make and model of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. The lowest base rates are generally reserved for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The data below is based on a single male driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Dodge Ram insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance rating factors.
- Avoid unnecessary add-on coverages – Policies have extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
- City dwellers may pay more – Being located in a rural area is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People in densely populated areas have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. More time commuting means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Deter vehicle theft – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent auto theft.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts – Lots of insurance companies provide lower prices to clients that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Cheap Nashville insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Nashville auto insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow their company to spy on driving manner by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Nashville auto insurance quote.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO and Allstate permit an accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the rates. The information is based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies who might offer these benefits possibly include:
If you need the cheapest Dodge Ram rate quotes, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your area.
Auto insurance quotes from local Nashville insurance agencies
Some people just want to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in Nashville.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents in Nashville are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you contact several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are Nashville independent insurance agents who can help you get free price quotes.
- Antioch Insurance
1311 Antioch Pike – Nashville, TN 37211 – (615) 834-7106 – View Map
- Varallo Insurance Agency
296 White Bridge Pike – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 352-5747 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Eric Pirtle Insurance Agency
2630 Old Lebanon Rd – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 889-3640 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are usually well trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Nashville that can give you price quotes.
- Barbara Stewart – State Farm Insurance Agent
3055 Lebanon Pike #2103 – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 391-5300 – View Map
- Jordan Drake – State Farm Insurance Agent
345 Harrison St – Nashville, TN 37219 – (615) 826-1200 – View Map
- Marc Gant – State Farm Insurance Agent
6601 Sugar Valley Dr #114 – Nashville, TN 37211 – (615) 941-7094 – View Map
Choosing a auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is the agent properly licensed in Tennessee?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Quote. Compare. Save.
We just covered many ideas to get a better price on Dodge Ram insurance in Nashville. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Nashville auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Cost effective Dodge Ram insurance is possible both online and also from your neighborhood Nashville agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
Steps to finding low-cost Dodge Ram insurance in Nashville
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Nashville is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers in Tennessee.
- First, try to learn about how companies set rates and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like multiple speeding tickets and poor credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to use similar coverage information on every quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Nashville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nashville Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)