If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to save money on auto insurance rates in Nashville is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Tennessee.
- First, gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies. View prices
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Silverado coverage is available in Nashville. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new carrier. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
A recent study showed that the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Drivers in the U.S. could save almost $850 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t know the amount of savings they would get if they switched.
The majority of larger companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get coverage prices direct online. Doing online quotes for Chevy Silverado insurance in Nashville doesn’t take a lot of time as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. When complete, their rating system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on many factors.
The ability to get online rates for Chevy Silverado insurance in Nashville makes comparing rates easy, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get a lower rate.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Nashville, TN. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Nashville, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Why you need quality insurance for your Chevy Silverado
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance is required by state law in Tennessee and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your Chevy but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Silverado are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Rates and data analysis
The price information displayed below covers a range of policy rates for Chevy Silverado models. Understanding how auto insurance premiums are formulated can aid in making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$136||$244||$342||$20||$102||$844||$70|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$136||$244||$304||$18||$90||$792||$66|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$156||$298||$342||$20||$102||$918||$77|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$156||$298||$342||$20||$102||$918||$77|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$156||$298||$304||$18||$90||$866||$72|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$156||$298||$304||$18||$90||$866||$72|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$156||$298||$342||$20||$102||$918||$77|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$156||$298||$342||$20||$102||$918||$77|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$350||$304||$18||$90||$938||$78|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$176||$350||$342||$20||$102||$990||$83|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$350||$304||$18||$90||$938||$78|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$176||$350||$342||$20||$102||$990||$83|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$176||$350||$342||$20||$102||$990||$83|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$176||$350||$304||$18||$90||$938||$78|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$176||$350||$342||$20||$102||$990||$83|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$350||$304||$18||$90||$938||$78|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$176||$404||$304||$18||$90||$992||$83|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$196||$404||$304||$18||$90||$1,012||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can raise or lower rates considerably.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can impact Chevy Silverado annual premium costs for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Save a ton with these seven discounts
Some companies do not advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Nashville car insurance online.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars or trucks on the same auto insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on auto insurance.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Nashville car insurance quote when compared to bad drivers.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a course in defensive driving could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The example below compares Chevy Silverado annual premium costs with and without discounts. The information is based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To find providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Tennessee, click here to view.