It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Nashville is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who sell insurance in Tennessee.
- Try to comprehend how insurance works and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many things that drive up the price like distracted driving and a negative credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for more details to get better rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who get price comparisons will presumably move their business because they stand a good chance of finding better rates. A recent study showed that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved over $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped around.
If saving the most money on car insurance in Nashville is the reason you’re reading this, then understanding how to shop for insurance coverage can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
Many things are used when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure such as your credit history or your commute time.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Do you save by driving less? – The higher the miles on your Toyota each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your policy is rated on annual mileage, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Camry may be costing you.
- Lower rates by increasing comp and collision deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called ‘full coverage’, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Does car insurance cost more for males? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but the men get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The chart below illustrates the difference between Toyota Camry yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- More traffic means higher claims – Living in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Residents of big cities have to deal with much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Fewer people means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Rates and employer – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs such as military generals, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel usually pay the highest average rates in part from stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, jobs like actors, engineers and homemakers get better rates.
- Drivers with good credit save – Having a bad credit rating will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit score can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Toyota Camry by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with worse credit.
- Avoid unnecessary extra coverages – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying on your Camry policy. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Insurance loss statistics a Toyota Camry – Companies factor in insurance loss information to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher premium rate.
The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Toyota Camry vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together equals 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Toyota Camry Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Toyota Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Camry 110 94 102 148 145 107 Toyota Camry Hybrid 124 100 110 118 127 96BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Most larger insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get prices directly from their websites. Getting online quotes for Toyota Camry insurance in Nashville can be done by anyone because you just enter your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, their system makes automated requests for your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on these factors. Getting online quotes for Toyota Camry insurance in Nashville simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find affordable prices.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you replicate the limits and deductibles exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will have a fair comparison for similar coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Tennessee. If you want the best car insurance in TN, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and data analysis
The coverage table displayed next highlights a range of coverage prices for Toyota Camry models. Having knowledge of how car insurance prices are determined can help customers make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in Nashville location which can alter coverage rates considerably.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Toyota Camry insurance premiums for each age group. The data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Drive safe and save
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can influence Toyota Camry insurance prices for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Car insurance just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Camry with a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Toyota at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your Toyota gets damaged, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Tennessee is overpaying over $820 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper Nashville car insurance quotes with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but some must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% depending on your car insurance provider.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Early Switch Discount – Select car insurance companies give a discount for signing up before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new Camry is cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But any discount should help lower your policy premium.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Toyota Camry premium costs with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
To see a list of companies with the best discounts in Tennessee, follow this link.
Local neighborhood Nashville car insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is still important in Nashville.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Auto insurance agents in Nashville come in two varieties
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies from which to choose. Agencies in Nashville can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below are Nashville independent insurance agents that may be able to provide free car insurance quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are exclusive agencies in Nashville that are able to give price quotes.
Deciding on an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Nashville will have answers to these questions.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How are they compensated?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
Cheap rates are available
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price.
Cost effective Toyota Camry insurance is definitely available both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to save on Toyota Camry insurance in Nashville. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Much more information about auto insurance in Tennessee is available on the following sites:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Nashville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nashville Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)