Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for more competitive Ford Escape insurance in Nashville? Perplexed by the sheer number of car insurance companies available to you? You’re not alone. You have so many options that it can quickly become a difficult mission to find the lowest price for Ford Escape insurance in Nashville. Nashville is an excellent city in which to live, but the high cost of car insurance can make it hard for many residents to buy proper levels of coverage.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who perform rate comparisons are inclined to switch companies because the odds are good of getting low-cost coverage. A recent car insurance study revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved on average $72 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the best price on insurance is your ultimate goal, knowing how to shop and compare coverage rates can make the process less intimidating.
If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. Finding and buying affordable auto insurance in Nashville is easy if you know what you’re doing. Although Tennessee drivers must understand how companies determine how much to charge because it varies considerably.
Lower the Price of Auto Insurance with These Tips
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could result in better auto insurance rates. Many different elements are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but some are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
Where you reside factors in – Residing in less populated areas of the country is a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. People in densely populated areas regularly have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
Getting married pays dividends – Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on your auto insurance bill. It may mean you are more responsible and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Rates may be lower depending on your vocation – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupational choices like military generals, air traffic controllers, and miners usually pay higher rates than average attributed to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, careers like scientists, historians and homemakers get better rates.
Advanced theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Safety first – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Your driving citation history can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Getting just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. People who have flagrant violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent a license revocation.
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and accidents increase Ford Escape insurance rates for different insured age categories. The data is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Drive lots and pay more – The higher the mileage driven each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Improper usage on your Escape can cost quite a bit. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating correctly shows annual mileage, because it can save money.
Insurance loss data for a Ford Escape – Companies factor in historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for coverage.
The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Ford Escape vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or larger claims.
|Specific Ford Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Escape 4dr 2WD||80||91||83||94||94||92|
|Ford Escape 4dr 4WD||81||84||94||85||90||77|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable Nashville Ford Escape insurance
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from different companies. One of the best ways to find affordable Ford Escape insurance rates is to get quotes online.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing a wide range of rates will enable you to find a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Nashville, TN. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in TN, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Ford Escape coverage statistics
The coverage information shown below highlights estimates of insurance rates for Ford Escape models. Learning more about how car insurance prices are established is important to be able to make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$154||$244||$250||$14||$74||$736||$61|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$154||$244||$250||$14||$74||$736||$61|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$154||$244||$250||$14||$74||$736||$61|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$176||$244||$250||$14||$74||$758||$63|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$176||$244||$250||$14||$74||$758||$63|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$176||$298||$250||$14||$74||$812||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can influence prices significantly.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Ford Escape yearly insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive rule for phasing out physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford Escape book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $300 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Nashville, insurance is mandatory in Tennessee but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Escape, more than likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America overpays more than $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there may be some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but less common discounts must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for insurance.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Escape insurance in Nashville.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with substantially lower insurance rates.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The chart below shows the difference between Ford Escape car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- 21st Century offers discounts including driver training, automatic seat belts, theft prevention, student driver, teen driver, air bags, and early bird.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, passive restraint, driver’s education, student away at school, good student, good driver, and multiple autos.
- AAA has savings for multi-car, anti-theft, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new graduate, multi-car, newly retired, teen driver discount, multi-policy, and new vehicle discount.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
If you want cheaper Nashville car insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to view providers who offer discounts in Tennessee, click here.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
A small number of people just want to have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Nashville.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Nashville car insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
When narrowing the list to find a reliable agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agents are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Nashville who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Gaffney Insurance Agency and Financial Services LLC
946 Jefferson St #103 – Nashville, TN 37208 – (615) 733-3133 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: April Bowers Agency Inc
211 Donelson Pike #8 – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 883-8183 – View Map
- Zander Insurance Group
6213 Charlotte Pike – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 356-1700 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Nashville that can give you price quotes.
- Valinda Burks – State Farm Insurance Agent
2012 8th Ave S – Nashville, TN 37204 – (615) 292-8050 – View Map
- Gail Hughes – State Farm Insurance Agent
2592 Murfreesboro Pike b – Nashville, TN 37217 – (615) 361-1906 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Fred J. Duke Jr.
171 Belle Forest Cir – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 662-1884 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
Ratings for Tennessee auto insurance companies
Buying coverage from a good quality car insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Tennessee. The ranking information in the next section can help you select which companies to look at to insure your vehicles.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Don’t give up on cheap rates
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to reduce Ford Escape insurance premium rates online in Nashville. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Nashville car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Nashville can be bought both online in addition to many Nashville insurance agents, so you need to quote Nashville car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
Steps to saving on Ford Escape insurance in Nashville
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper Ford Escape insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Nashville. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
First, get an understanding of how companies set rates and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the newly selected company. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nashville Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)