If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get budget Subaru BRZ insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies that sell auto insurance in Nashville. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Read about how insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that increase rates like traffic violations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on BRZ insurance in Nashville. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on every quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who shop around once a year will probably buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding lower prices. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved as much as $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding low prices for Subaru BRZ insurance in Nashville is your objective, then having some knowledge of how to quote and compare cheaper coverage can make the process more efficient.
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from many different Tennessee insurance companies. The easiest way to find affordable Subaru BRZ insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
When comparison shopping, more quotes helps improve the odds of finding the best rates.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Tennessee. In order to find the cheapest car insurance in Nashville, TN, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Earn discounts on Nashville auto insurance
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts that can help lower your rates. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Buy New and Save – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Nashville car insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Nashville car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with the same auto insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Subaru may enable drivers to earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- American Family discounts include good driver, good student, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, accident-free, air bags, and mySafetyValet.
- Nationwide has savings for defensive driving, business or organization, good student, family plan, easy pay, anti-theft, and Farm Bureau membership.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good student, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, student driver, air bags, and homeowners.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including distant student, business and professional, multi-car, youthful driver, homeowner, mature driver, and teen driver.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for passive restraint, anti-theft, utility vehicle, FullPay discount, senior citizen, resident student, and 55 and retired.
When comparing rates, check with every company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Nashville.
Local Nashville insurance agencies and car insurance
A lot of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important especially in Nashville.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Nashville that can give you free Nashville car insurance quotes to get your business. You don’t have to even leave your home because prices are sent to you directly. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Two types of car insurance agents
When finding local Nashville agents, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they work. Agents in Nashville are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing car insurance prices, it’s a good idea to get quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Nashville who may provide free car insurance quotes.
- Chamberlain Insurance Agency
4741 Trousdale Dr #104 – Nashville, TN 37220 – (615) 922-2317 – View Map
- Goldstein Insurance Agency
125 #203b Suite, 102 Belle Forest Cir – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 673-2727 – View Map
- Tri-City Insurance Agency
4400 Nolensville Pike – Nashville, TN 37211 – (615) 331-0770 – View Map
These agents are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people use the same agent partially due to the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Nashville that are able to give rate quotes.
- Mike Maclean – State Farm Insurance Agent
3922 Gallatin Pike – Nashville, TN 37216 – (615) 891-1241 – View Map
- Sid Neuhoff – State Farm Insurance Agent
4544 Harding Pike #216 – Nashville, TN 37205 – (615) 298-3276 – View Map
- Phil Hardeman – State Farm Insurance Agent
3708 Nolensville Rd c – Nashville, TN 37211 – (615) 832-0630 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
It’s important that you understand the factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could result in lower premium levels. Lots of things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but others are not as apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
- Your age impacts your costs – Inexperience drivers are known to get distracted easily behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a youthful driver onto a policy can be very expensive. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable.
- Prevent theft and save – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a significant other may cut your premiums on your policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
- Buy as much liability protection as you can afford – Liability insurance will provide protection in the event that you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Does insurance coverage cost more for guys? – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Males and females get in fender benders in similar numbers, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Youthful male drivers are the most expensive to insure so it costs more to insure them.
- Premiums increase with policy add-ons – There are many extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying insurance. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Lots of insurance companies apply lower prices to clients that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Consumers may save money even if you insure with multiple companies
- Gaps in coverage mean higher premiums – Not maintaining insurance can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a license revocation or jail time.
Insurance loss data for a Subaru BRZ – Insurance companies factor in historical loss data to help calculate premium rates. Models that the data determines to have higher losses will have higher premium rates.
The data below shows the insurance loss data for Subaru BRZ vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Subaru BRZ Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Subaru Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru BRZ 156 78 150 87 88 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Subaru at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Quote more to save more
The cheapest Subaru BRZ insurance in Nashville is definitely available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices and even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Subaru BRZ insurance in Nashville. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Nashville car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from a lesser-known regional company.
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- How Much is Nashville Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)