It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who shop rates annually are likely to switch companies because of the good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey discovered that people who compared prices regularly saved approximately $865 annually as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance in Nashville is the reason for your visit, then having a good understanding how to find companies and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Nashville is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who provide auto insurance in Tennessee.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit history can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides more details to prevent expensive rate increases and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Golf SportWagen coverage is available. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new carrier. When you receive it, put the new certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
A good tip to remember is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Tennessee. To locate the best car insurance in Nashville, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Insurance is not optional in Tennessee
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volkswagen Golf SportWagen in Nashville, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Golf SportWagen, most banks will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Volkswagen and your personal assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Nashville is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Lower rate quotes on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Nashville with these discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list the entire discount list very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Nashville car insurance online.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- College Student – Older children living away from Nashville attending college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy life insurance.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Nashville car insurance with some insurance companies.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Nashville may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better prices.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To see a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Tennessee, click this link.
Buying from car insurance agents
Some people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find better rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with small agencies is important especially in Nashville.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Nashville who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
The following is a list of insurers in Nashville that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Nashville.
- Barbara Stewart – State Farm Insurance Agent
3055 Lebanon Pike #2103 – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 391-5300 – View Map
- Mark Le Clair – State Farm Insurance Agent
5548 Franklin Pike #201 – Nashville, TN 37220 – (615) 292-9233 – View Map
- LaShawnda Bryant – State Farm Insurance Agent
7648 Hwy 70 S #10 – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 662-9989 – View Map
- MJC Insurance Group
1506 Church St Suite 2 – Nashville, TN 37203 – (615) 873-1988 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Nashville should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
Once you have good answers to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have found an provider that is professional and can properly service your insurance policy. Just keep in mind you are able to cancel your policy for any reason so never assume that you are obligated to any specific company for the full term.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
We’ve covered many ways to shop for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Nashville car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is actually quite simple.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nashville Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)