It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are inclined to buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding lower prices. A recent study showed that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved approximately $850 each year compared to those who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance in Nashville is the reason you’re here, then understanding how to compare coverages can make the process less intimidating.
If you want to save money, the best way to save money on Pontiac G8 insurance is to annually compare prices from companies who provide car insurance in Nashville.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about policy coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for instructions to prevent rate hikes and find missing discounts.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper G8 coverage is available in Nashville. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
The key thing to remember is that you use similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
Locating the best rates in Nashville seems hard but is not really that difficult. Basically, every car owner who is overpaying for insurance stands a good chance to get a lower-priced policy. Nevertheless, Tennessee car owners need to learn how insurance companies market on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that making a lot of price comparisons will improve the odds of getting lower pricing.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Nashville, TN. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Nashville, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Some insurers don’t list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find cheap G8 insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will let one accident slide before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags can get savings up to 30%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course in defensive driver could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Large car insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include youthful driver, bundle discounts, business and professional, mature driver, and switch companies.
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, student away at school, anti-theft, driver’s education, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, safety features, newly married, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may include discounts for defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, good student
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To see car insurance companies who offer online Pontiac G8 insurance quotes in Nashville, click here to view.
Buying the right Pontiac G8 insurance in Tennessee is an important decision
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your G8 with a loan, most banks will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Pontiac at an extremely high rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Many people prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to companies in Nashville who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Nashville?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Nashville for you
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Nashville who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Ray Watts – State Farm Insurance Agent
4703 Gallatin Pike – Nashville, TN 37216 – (615) 228-1338 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Fred J. Duke Jr.
171 Belle Forest Cir – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 662-1884 – View Map
- Charles Sargent – State Farm Insurance Agent
4094 Hillsboro Pike #202 – Nashville, TN 37215 – (615) 385-1700 – View Map
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
Below are Nashville independent insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- MJC Insurance Group
1506 Church St Suite 2 – Nashville, TN 37203 – (615) 873-1988 – View Map
- Eby Insurance
65 Parris Ave – Nashville, TN 37210 – (615) 254-8343 – View Map
- Goldstein Insurance Agency
125 #203b Suite, 102 Belle Forest Cir – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 673-2727 – View Map
If you receive positive feedback to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that can provide car insurance coverage. Just keep in mind it’s your coverage and you can terminate your policy when you choose so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to a policy with no way to switch.