Unbelievable but true, a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average insurance premium being $1,380, Tennessee drivers could pocket nearly $480 a year, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rates.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Nashville is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Tennessee. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as high-risk driving behaviors and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Nashville. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A key point to remember is to try to compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Best Lexus LFA insurance prices in Tennessee
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Tennessee. To locate the cheapest auto insurance in Nashville, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper rates with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts that may help make it more affordable. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a safe driver course is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military could mean lower rates.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate and GEICO will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Club Memberships – Joining a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
Larger auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, federal employee, anti-theft, good student, daytime running lights, multi-policy, and driver training.
- Travelers includes discounts for driver training, continuous insurance, student away at school, IntelliDrive, and new car.
- Farm Bureau discounts include driver training, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, good student, safe driver, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, new graduate, newly married, and new vehicle discount.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, air bags, early bird, mySafetyValet, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, and online quote discount.
When getting free Nashville auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Nashville. If you would like to view auto insurance companies who offer online Lexus LFA insurance quotes in Tennessee, click this link.
Learn How to Find Insurance Cheaper
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower premium levels.
- Avoid unnecessary incidental coverages – Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Coverages like roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
- Where you call home can impact rates – Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. People in densely populated areas tend to have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Are females or males drivers cheaper? – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Both sexes are in auto accidents in similar numbers, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage so it costs more to insure them.
- Liability – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in if ever you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Raise physical damage deductibles and save – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Auto insurance is available from local agents
Many drivers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Nashville auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your computer because prices are sent directly to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company requires you to look at more than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
When looking for a local Nashville insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Nashville can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Both sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn why they differ because it can influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand and solid financial strength.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Nashville willing to provide price quotes.
- Holly Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
8010 TN-100 – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 662-1551 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Fred J. Duke Jr.
171 Belle Forest Cir – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 662-1884 – View Map
- Lester McClain – State Farm Insurance Agent
2209 Crestmoor Rd #200 – Nashville, TN 37215 – (615) 383-0449 – View Map
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Nashville that can give you price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: April Bowers Agency Inc
211 Donelson Pike #8 – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 883-8183 – View Map
- Goldstein Insurance Agency
125 #203b Suite, 102 Belle Forest Cir – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 673-2727 – View Map
- Hale Insurance, LLC
301 29th Ave N – Nashville, TN 37203 – (615) 321-4150 – View Map
Which auto insurance company is best in Tennessee?
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Tennessee. The information listed below can help you analyze which companies you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Titan Insurance
Quote often and quote early
As you shop your coverage around, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed full coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
A few companies may not provide rates over the internet and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Budget-friendly insurance in Nashville can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Nashville, so you need to compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service or delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, switching insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
More information is available at these links:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nashville Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)