Do you want more affordable Kia Optima insurance in Nashville? If you’re shopping for lower-cost insurance on the web, are you frustrated by the number of car insurance choices that you can choose from? Tennessee people have so many choices that it can be a real hassle to locate the lowest rates for Kia Optima insurance in Nashville. If you live there, you know that Nashville is a good city to live in, but the high cost of car insurance can make it nearly impossible to purchase enough protection.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around annually are likely to buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding lower prices. A recent survey discovered that people who did price comparisons regularly saved approximately $72 a month compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance is your ultimate target, learning how to choose a company and compare auto insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes periodically since prices trend upward over time. If you had the best deal on Kia Optima insurance in Nashville on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to learn the proper way to find great coverage at a great price.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Kia Optima insurance in Nashville is to know the fact all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give free rates quotes. To get started, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including whether you have decent credit, how much school you completed, any included safety features, and what you do for a living. That rating data is then sent to many of the top insurers and they provide comparison quotes with very little delay.
To find the cheapest Kia Optima insurance rates, click here and enter the information requested.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Nashville, TN. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Nashville, TN, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Tennessee
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance is required in Tennessee but also provides important benefits.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, most banks will require that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover medical bills that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Nashville overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to save money.
Auto insurance analysis for a Kia Optima
The coverage table displayed next showcases estimates of rate quotes for Kia Optima models. Knowing how insurance rates are calculated can assist in making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase rates noticeably.
Reckless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents impact Kia Optima insurance prices for different age groups. The data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Age-based auto insurance rates by gender in Nashville
The chart below shows the difference between Kia Optima insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can help lower your rates. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a new policy prior to your current Optima insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Club Memberships – Being in a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on insurance.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Nashville auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best insurance rates in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable data collection to scrutinize driving habits remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
The example below illustrates the difference between Kia Optima insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The prices are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include membership and employees, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO offers discounts including safe driver, drive less, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, anti-theft, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, and multiple policy.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good student, and accident-free.
- 21st Century offers discounts for teen driver, automatic seat belts, 55 and older, student driver, and good student.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply to policies in every state. To locate insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Tennessee, click here to view.
Which car insurance company is best in Tennessee?
Buying coverage from a high-quality car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Tennessee. The company rank data in the next section can help you choose which car insurance providers to look at buying from.
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance