If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save on Mazda CX-9 insurance is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers in Nashville.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents and a negative credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for more details to find cheap rates and find hidden discounts.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An important note is to try to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Unthinkable but true, nearly 70% of Tennessee drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and almost half have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save $860 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate how much they could save if they changed companies.
Locating the best rates in Nashville seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you already have coverage, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using the concepts covered in this article. Drivers just have to know the most efficient way to shop for auto insurance using one simple form.
Getting a cheaper price on Mazda CX-9 insurance can be quick and easy. Consumers just need to take the time to get quotes to discover which company has low cost Nashville car insurance quotes.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Nashville, TN. If you want cheap auto insurance in Nashville, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Insurance coverage analysis
The rate table shown next highlights estimates of insurance rates for Mazda CX-9 models. Understanding more about how insurance quotes are established can help customers make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-9 Sport 2WD||$288||$376||$378||$22||$114||$1,178||$98|
|CX-9 Grand Touring 2WD||$288||$444||$378||$22||$114||$1,246||$104|
|CX-9 Sport AWD||$288||$444||$378||$22||$114||$1,246||$104|
|CX-9 Touring 2WD||$288||$444||$378||$22||$114||$1,246||$104|
|CX-9 Touring AWD||$288||$444||$378||$22||$114||$1,246||$104|
|CX-9 Grand Touring AWD||$320||$444||$378||$22||$114||$1,278||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in Nashville location which can modify auto insurance rates substantially.
Cost of full coverage
The example below illustrates the difference between Mazda CX-9 auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data is based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no written rule to stop buying full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Mazda CX-9 settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $200 annually for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your CX-9 has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mazda for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Mazda and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Nashville
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower rates.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate your rate level.
- Continuous car insurance coverage lowers car insurance rates – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a license revocation or jail time.
- City traffic equals higher prices – Residing in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Lower population means reduced accidents. Residents of big cities regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Liability insurance is peace of mind – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you if you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. This coverage provides legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Safety first – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums.
- Proper usage rating affects costs – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. The majority of insurers calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that are left in the garage cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. Having an incorrect usage rating on your CX-9 is just wasting money. Make sure your policy correctly shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Bad credit hurts insurance premiums – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. So if your credit rating can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Mazda CX-9 by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit scores.
- Bump up deductibles to lower rates – The deductibles you choose define how much the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims could be rear-ending another vehicle, hail damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Cheaper to insure gals? – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Mazda CX-9 insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Mazda CX-9 insurance claim data – Insurance companies analyze historical claim data to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for coverage. The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Mazda CX-9 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is set at 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Mazda CX-9 Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda CX-9 4dr 2WD 87 108 74 87 95 89 Mazda CX-9 4dr 4WD 89 109 92 80 76 77BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Mazda CX-9 insurance rates in Nashville
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow companies to spy on vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Nashville and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best car insurance rates in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Mazda CX-9 auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide include:
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include alternative fuel, youthful driver, early shopping, pay in full, good student, and mature driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, good driver, anti-theft, driver’s education, passive restraint, and accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new vehicle discount, newly married, good student, multi-car, and preferred payment discount.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, accident-free, good student, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
Before buying, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To view providers that offer many of these discounts in Nashville, follow this link.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Many people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is you may find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is submitted to companies in Nashville that can give you free Nashville car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurance company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Nashville insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents in Nashville can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ since it may influence the selection process.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Nashville who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Royce Williams
5517 Charlotte Pike – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 356-4800 – View Map
- Terry W Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
545 Mainstream Dr Ste 104 – Nashville, TN 37228 – (615) 256-6066 – View Map
- Phill Pharr – State Farm Insurance Agent
5814 Nolensville Pike #108 – Nashville, TN 37211 – (615) 832-0897 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you check rates from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with companies you’ve never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Nashville who can help you get rate quotes.
- Antioch Insurance
1311 Antioch Pike – Nashville, TN 37211 – (615) 834-7106 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: April Bowers Agency Inc
211 Donelson Pike #8 – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 883-8183 – View Map
- Chamberlain Insurance Agency
4741 Trousdale Dr #104 – Nashville, TN 37220 – (615) 922-2317 – View Map
One last note
We covered a lot of ways to reduce Mazda CX-9 insurance prices online in Nashville. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Mazda CX-9 insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions and even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, switching companies can be pretty painless.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Nashville can be found from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and many times these smaller companies work with independent agencies.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Nashville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)