How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for more affordable Kia K900 insurance in Nashville? Finding low-cost insurance for a Kia K900 in Tennessee can normally be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online and we’ll show you the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Kia and get the cheapest rates either online or from Nashville insurance agents.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who shop for lower rates are likely to buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey found that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved as much as $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest price for Kia K900 insurance is your objective, then learning a little about how to shop for auto insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
You should take the time to take a look at other company’s rates occasionally due to the fact that insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best rate on Kia K900 insurance in Nashville on your last policy there may be better deals available now. There are a lot of ways to save on K900 insurance online but you can learn a lot of great tips on how to lower your car insurance premiums.
Seven factors that affect insurance premiums
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the factors that help calculate your premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get better car insurance rates. Lots of things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine your rates.
Does insurance cost more for men? – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men are in fender benders at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
Job reflects on prices – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Occupations such as military generals, social workers, and stock brokers usually pay the highest average rates due to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Other professions such as scientists, engineers and performers receive lower rates.
Annual miles is a factor – The higher the miles on your Kia in a year’s time the higher your rate. The majority of insurers charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy is showing the right rating data. An improperly rated K900 is throwing money out the window.
Car plus home equals more savings – The majority of companies provide a discount for people who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Stay claim-free and save money – If you are a frequent claim filer, you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in Tennessee give the best rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Better drivers pay lower premiums – Only having one speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
Alarms and GPS tracking systems cut prices – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart car theft.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Nashville, TN. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Nashville, TN, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Nashville, buying car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Do you qualify for discounts on Kia K900 insurance in Nashville?
Auto insurance is expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked about before being credited.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive a small discount on rates.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies that have most of the discounts above possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in Tennessee, click here to view.
Insurance agent or online?
Certain consumers still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Nashville.
By using this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. There is no need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents can be described as either independent or exclusive. Both can insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include price quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below is a list of independent agencies in Nashville who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Sturdivant Insurance
1400 Forrest Ave – Nashville, TN 37206 – (615) 943-4962 – View Map
- Manning Agency
104 Woodmont Blvd – Nashville, TN 37205 – (615) 383-6700 – View Map
- Fridrich, Pinson and Associates Insurance Agency
3825 Bedford Ave #203 – Nashville, TN 37215 – (615) 327-0105 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Nashville who can help you get price quote information.
- Adam Darby – State Farm Insurance Agent
7041 Hwy 70 S #101 – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 869-7600 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Royce Williams
5517 Charlotte Pike – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 356-4800 – View Map
- Tim Shrum – State Farm Insurance Agent
4004 Hillsboro Pike Ste B219 – Nashville, TN 37215 – (615) 922-2680 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Nashville?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Tennessee?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Tennessee?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Tennessee?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
One last note
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Kia K900 insurance car insurance rates in Nashville. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
How to find cheaper Kia K900 insurance in Nashville
Truthfully, the best way to find low-cost prices for Kia K900 insurance in Nashville is to annually compare prices from insurers who sell insurance in Tennessee. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a negative credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new insurer. Don’t forget to keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One piece of advice is to try to compare identical coverages on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best price selection.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Nashville Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Nashville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for College Students in Nashville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)