It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. People who shop around for cheaper price quotes are highly likely to buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study showed that drivers who regularly shopped around saved $72 a month compared to people who didn’t regularly shop around.
If saving money on Nissan Xterra insurance in Nashville is your goal, then having a grasp of how to get price quotes and compare insurance rates can save money and time.
The best way to find lower priced auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers in Nashville. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend how car insurance works and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for information to help prevent high rates and find missing discounts.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Nashville. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Best companies for Nissan Xterra insurance
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Tennessee. If you want the cheapest car insurance in Nashville, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Rate information and statistics
The coverage table displayed below covers detailed analysis of insurance prices for Nissan Xterra models. Having insight into how rate quotes are figured helps drivers make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Xterra X 2WD||$246||$288||$378||$22||$114||$1,048||$87|
|Xterra S 2WD||$246||$288||$378||$22||$114||$1,048||$87|
|Xterra S 4WD||$246||$288||$378||$22||$114||$1,048||$87|
|Xterra X 4WD||$246||$288||$378||$22||$114||$1,048||$87|
|Xterra Off Road 4WD||$284||$368||$378||$22||$114||$1,166||$97|
|Xterra SE 2WD||$284||$368||$378||$22||$114||$1,166||$97|
|Xterra SE 4WD||$284||$368||$378||$22||$114||$1,166||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can alter insurance rates greatly.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Nissan Xterra premium costs for each different age group. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and also the lesser-known car insurance savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Xterra insurance premium.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like State Farm and Progressive will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower car insurance rate if you buy life insurance.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on the web.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Nashville auto insurance with certain companies.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Xterra can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The example below compares Nissan Xterra car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums assume a female driver, no violations or accidents, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, student away at school, anti-theft, multiple policy, accident-free, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- American Family may have discounts that include good driver, early bird, good student, mySafetyValet, and bundled insurance.
- AAA offers discounts including good student, multi-car, anti-theft, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and good driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for military active duty, driver training, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for type of vehicle, multi-car, age of vehicle, professional/association, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include youthful driver, alternative fuel, distant student, mature driver, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not be available in Nashville. For a list of companies who offer free Nissan Xterra insurance quotes in Tennessee, click here.
The Nissan Xterra Insurance Price Equation
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or your commute time. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with cheaper rates.
Keep policy claims to a minimum – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Tennessee award most affordable rates to drivers who are claim-free. Auto insurance is designed for larger claims.
Vehicle features can affect premiums – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Safeguard your assets with liability – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in in the event that you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
A good credit rating can save money – Having a bad credit history can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Nissan Xterra by taking the time to improve your credit score. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower ratings.
High premiums for younger drivers – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers. Young drivers are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Rates increase with driving citations – Just one chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and accidents can influence Nissan Xterra yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The data is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Nissan Xterra claim data – Insurance companies use historical loss data when setting premium costs. Vehicles that statistically have higher losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Nissan Xterra vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Xterra 4dr 2WD||57||95||45|
|Nissan Xterra 4dr 4WD||62||100||63||59||77||86|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Nashville?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Nashville insurance agencies?
Certain consumers still like to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local agencies is important particularly in Nashville.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your business. You never need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Nashville for you
When finding local Nashville agents, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they work. Insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When comparing insurance prices, it’s a good idea to compare prices from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies which can save you money.
Featured below is a list of independent agencies in Nashville who can help you get free insurance quotes.
- Chamberlain Insurance Agency
4741 Trousdale Dr #104 – Nashville, TN 37220 – (615) 922-2317 – View Map
- Eby Insurance
65 Parris Ave – Nashville, TN 37210 – (615) 254-8343 – View Map
- Greater Nashville Insurance
208 McGavock Pike A – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 885-5882 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are trained well on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Nashville that are able to give price quotes.
- Charles Sargent – State Farm Insurance Agent
4094 Hillsboro Pike #202 – Nashville, TN 37215 – (615) 385-1700 – View Map
- Jordan Drake – State Farm Insurance Agent
345 Harrison St – Nashville, TN 37219 – (615) 826-1200 – View Map
- Heather Farmer State Farm Insurance
6592 TN-100 Suite 2 – Nashville, TN 37205 – (615) 356-6503 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agency should include more criteria than just a low price. Any good agent in Nashville should know the answers to these questions.
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How long has their agency been in business in Nashville?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
Cheaper auto insurance in Nashville is definitely available both online in addition to many Nashville insurance agents, so get free Nashville auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer rates over the internet and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can shop for Nissan Xterra insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Nashville auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests or even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nashville Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nashville Auto Insurance Quotes for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)