Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding better rates. A recent insurance study discovered that drivers who routinely shopped around saved about $3,450 over four years compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving the most money on Honda Odyssey insurance is your goal, knowing how to find and compare auto insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest Honda Odyssey insurance in Nashville is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in Tennessee. You can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause rate increases like traffic citations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Nashville. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Finding quotes for the lowest cost auto insurance policy in Nashville is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a policy now or just want to save money, use these money-saving tips to find better prices without sacrificing coverage. Drivers just need to understand the best way to compare company rates online.
Get affordable rates on Honda Odyssey insurance in Nashville with these car insurance discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but a few must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Save with a New Car – Putting car insurance coverage on a new Odyssey can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their car insurance company to study where and when they drive by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current Odyssey insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers may receive a slight reduction on a Nashville auto insurance quote.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags can get savings of 25 to 30%.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your overall bill.
The information below shows the difference between Honda Odyssey car insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that may offer quotes with many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Nashville. For a list of providers with significant discounts in Nashville, click this link.
Buy Nashville Honda Odyssey insurance online
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Nashville, TN. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in Nashville, TN, we suggest you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Rates and detailed analysis
The rate information below highlights different insurance policy prices for Honda Odyssey models. Knowing how insurance rates are formulated can help customers make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$104||$232||$326||$20||$98||$780||$65|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$118||$274||$326||$20||$98||$836||$70|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$118||$274||$326||$20||$98||$836||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in your specific Nashville location which can alter coverage prices significantly.
Cost of full coverage
The example below illustrates the comparison of Honda Odyssey auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rates are based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive formula to stop buying full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Honda Odyssey settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 a year for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Do I need an agent?
Many people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for small agencies is important especially in Nashville.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Nashville that can provide free Nashville auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to you instantly. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Types of car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local Nashville insurance agency, there are two different types of agents to choose from. Agencies in Nashville are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the subtle differences since it could factor into buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they can write business through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to get quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to smaller regional carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are Nashville independent insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Affordable Assurance Agency Inc
6202 Charlotte Pike # 1 – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 356-6700 – View Map
- MJC Insurance Group
1506 Church St Suite 2 – Nashville, TN 37203 – (615) 873-1988 – View Map
- Hale Insurance, LLC
301 29th Ave N – Nashville, TN 37203 – (615) 321-4150 – View Map
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. They are well schooled on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Nashville willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Roy Arnold – State Farm Insurance Agent
2600 Lebanon Pike a – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 871-0663 – View Map
- Phill Pharr – State Farm Insurance Agent
5814 Nolensville Pike #108 – Nashville, TN 37211 – (615) 832-0897 – View Map
- Jordan Drake – State Farm Insurance Agent
345 Harrison St – Nashville, TN 37219 – (615) 826-1200 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
If you feel you receive answers to your satisfaction to your questions and a good coverage price, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that is a good match to adequately provide insurance. But keep in mind you can always cancel coverage at any point so never assume you are locked into the insurance policy with no way to switch.
Don’t give up on cheaper coverage
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices or being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be less work than you think.
Budget-conscious Honda Odyssey insurance can be bought online in addition to many Nashville insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nashville Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Nashville? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nashville Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)