Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Nashville.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new insurer. Be sure to keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A tip to remember is that you use the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Sadly, most drivers in Tennessee have been with the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Drivers in the U.S. can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they think it’s difficult to shop around.
Many insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive provide prices for coverage directly from their websites. Getting Chrysler Aspen insurance prices online is quite easy as you just type in your coverage information on the page. After you complete the form, their rating system makes automated requests for credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote. This simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to get the best rate on car insurance.
In order to find out if lower rates are available, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will have a rate comparison using the exact same coverages.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Tennessee. If you want cheap car insurance in Nashville, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Nashville, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Tennessee and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Aspen, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chrysler at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance safeguards both your Chrysler Aspen and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Chrysler gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Nashville is overpaying more than $800 each year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheaper Chrysler Aspen insurance rates in Nashville
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before being credited.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Aspen insurance in Nashville.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with the same car insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Nashville and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The best car insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, early shopping, and switch companies.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, daytime running lights, anti-theft, military active duty, five-year accident-free, air bags, and federal employee.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, good student, TimeAway discount, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide has discounts for good student, business or organization, anti-theft, defensive driving, family plan, and easy pay.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
If you want cheaper Nashville car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Nashville. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Nashville, click here to view.
Auto insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
A lot of people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is emailed to insurance agents in Nashville that give free quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Once you have received good answers to all your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you’ve probably found an provider that is professional and can service your policy.
Car insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverage types found on most car insurance policies.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees and dental work. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Aspen resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Aspen to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed and fire damage. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/15), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/15 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like legal defense fees, court costs, loss of income and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Tennessee requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The illustration below shows why minimum state limits may not be adequate coverage.
Cheaper coverage is out there
We covered many tips how you can find lower-cost Chrysler Aspen insurance in Nashville. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Nashville car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
When getting Nashville car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read at these sites:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nashville Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)