The most effective way to find more affordable car insurance rates in Nashville is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Tennessee.
- First, read and learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates like traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides additional tips to prevent rate hikes and find missing discounts.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new insurer. When you receive it, store the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year will presumably switch insurance companies because the odds are good of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent insurance study revealed that people who regularly compared price quotes saved $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance in Nashville is the reason you’re reading this, then having an understanding of the best ways to shop for insurance rates can make shopping around easier.
The easiest way to compare rates for Fiat 500 insurance in Nashville is to know the fact all the major auto insurance companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. All you need to do is provide details including deductibles desired, any included safety features, whether or not you need a SR-22, and if your license is active. Those rating factors is then sent to insurance carriers in your area and they return cost estimate instantly to find the best rate.
To check Fiat 500 insurance prices now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Tennessee. If you want cheap auto insurance in Nashville, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Discounts for cheap insurance rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there may be some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few need to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive may permit one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Nashville and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
A partial list of companies that may include these money-saving discounts are:
When quoting, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Nashville.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers just want to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is important particularly in Nashville.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to drive around because prices are sent to your email. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Different types of car insurance agents in Nashville
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Car insurance policy providers may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both do a good job, but it’s important to point out why they differ since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are Nashville independent insurance agents that may be able to provide free car insurance rate quotes.
- MJC Insurance Group
1506 Church St Suite 2 – Nashville, TN 37203 – (615) 873-1988 – View Map
- Spann Agency
710 Thompson Ln – Nashville, TN 37204 – (615) 383-8000 – View Map
- Chamberlain Insurance Agency
4741 Trousdale Dr #104 – Nashville, TN 37220 – (615) 922-2317 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well trained in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Nashville that are able to give price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Greg Nelson
217 Old Hickory Blvd – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 646-3333 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Fred J. Duke Jr.
171 Belle Forest Cir – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 662-1884 – View Map
- Mike Maclean – State Farm Insurance Agent
3922 Gallatin Pike – Nashville, TN 37216 – (615) 891-1241 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How often do they review coverages?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Nashville?
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Tennessee?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
What Determines Fiat 500 Insurance Prices?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
Bundle policies and save – Most major insurance companies allow discounts to customers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount applied, it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Vocation reflects on prices – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs like military generals, architects, and stock brokers are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us because of high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations such as professors, students and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Is car insurance cheaper for males or females? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women get in auto accidents at about the same rate, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
More performance means higher premiums – The performance of the car you need to insure makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest rates are for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Avoid tickets and save – Having a clean driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers who get serious violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Theft deterrents systems cut prices – Owning a car with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system help track and prevent auto theft.
Pleasure use or commuting – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles left parked in the garage receive lower rates than those used for commuting. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy reflects the correct usage. An improperly rated 500 may be wasting your money.
What are your coverage deductibles? – The deductibles you choose define the amount you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Insurance loss data for a Fiat 500 – Insurers study historical loss data when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher premium rates.
The next table shows the historical loss data for Fiat 500 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Fiat 500 Convertible||76||79||60||85|
|Fiat 500 Electric||73||59||76||60|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Fiat 500 in Nashville, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Fiat 500 has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Fiat at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
When shopping online for insurance, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
People leave their current company for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices, high prices or being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be easier than you think.
There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Cheap Fiat 500 insurance in Nashville is definitely available online and with local Nashville insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Much more information about insurance in Tennessee can be found at the links below
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Nashville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nashville Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)