The best way to find low-cost prices for Jeep Cherokee insurance is to compare quotes annually from companies in Nashville. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new agent or company. Don’t forget to place the new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An important part of this process is to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Shocking but true, a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Nashville drivers could save up to 35% every year, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Nashville is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you have coverage now, you will be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the techniques covered below. Comparison shoppers just need to learn the proper way to find the lowest price online from multiple companies.
Cheap Jeep insurance rate quotes in Nashville
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Tennessee. To get the best cheap auto insurance in Nashville, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Smart Consumers Know How to Quote Insurance More Affordably
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find cheaper rates. Many different elements are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
- Employer and insurance premiums – Occupations like judges, air traffic controllers, and miners generally pay the highest average rates because of intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Adjust physical damage deductibles and save – Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a windshield shattered by a rock, hail damage, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles you choose define the amount you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Safety first – Safer cars cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you.
- Gender matters – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females get in fender benders at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Young males have the highest risk to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
Jeep Cherokee insurance loss data – Auto insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when they calculate premium rates for each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Jeep Cherokee vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Jeep Cherokee Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Jeep Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD 76 105 77 87 90 109 Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD 78 115 82 75 79 103BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. Most are applied at quote time, but a few need to be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of a qualifying organization can get you a small discount when getting a Nashville auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Nashville auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Multi-line Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Onboard Data Collection – Nashville drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to look at driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Jeep Cherokee insurance.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Sign Online – A handful of companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application on the internet.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Large auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, good student, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for teen driver, pay in full, mature driver, good student, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, and distant student.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and homeowner.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, and driver training.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, company car, good student, teen driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including good student, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, bundle, air bag, anti-theft, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include renewal discount, good student, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- USAA offers discounts for new vehicle, military installation, multi-policy, safe driver, and defensive driver.
Double check with all the companies to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not apply everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Nashville, follow this link.
Auto insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Many drivers still like to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Nashville who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an provider should depend on more than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Tennessee?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
Different types of Nashville auto insurance agents
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Nashville are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Listed below are Nashville exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Adam Darby – State Farm Insurance Agent
7041 Hwy 70 S #101 – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 869-7600 – View Map
- Jordan Drake – State Farm Insurance Agent
345 Harrison St – Nashville, TN 37219 – (615) 826-1200 – View Map
- Ray Watts – State Farm Insurance Agent
4703 Gallatin Pike – Nashville, TN 37216 – (615) 228-1338 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparing auto insurance rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Nashville that are able to give price quote information.
- Varallo Insurance Agency
296 White Bridge Pike – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 352-5747 – View Map
- Goldstein Insurance Agency
125 #203b Suite, 102 Belle Forest Cir – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 673-2727 – View Map
- Mills Insurance
4525 Harding Pike Ste 244 – Nashville, TN 37205 – (615) 620-4452 – View Map
If you receive positive feedback to any questions you may have as well as a price you’re happy with, most likely you have located an insurance agency that will adequately provide auto insurance.
Auto insurance can be complex
When buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- If my Jeep Cherokee is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
You just read a lot of ways to compare Jeep Cherokee insurance prices in Nashville. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Jeep Cherokee rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation and even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, finding a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
When searching for affordable Jeep Cherokee insurance quotes, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below: