Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and almost half have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in Nashville could save nearly $480 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they switched.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable Hyundai Azera insurance in Nashville is to start comparing prices regularly from providers in Tennessee.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates such as traffic citations and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for instructions to help prevent expensive coverage and find hidden discounts.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates now
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Azera coverage is available in Nashville. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. When you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare the same level of coverage on every quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
Getting low cost Hyundai Azera car insurance pricing is not rocket science. Drivers just need to invest a little time comparing rate quotes from online providers.
Getting rates online is very simple and it takes the place of having to drive around to each insurance agency near you. Quoting and buying Hyundai Azera insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you require the extra assistance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Some companies do allow you to find lower rates online and still use a local agent.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Tennessee. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Nashville, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Insurance coverage analysis
The table below showcases a range of policy rates for Hyundai Azera models. Learning as much as possible about how policy rates are calculated is important for making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Azera GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$358||$288||$18||$86||$932||$78|
|Azera Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$358||$288||$18||$86||$954||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in garaging location in Nashville which can increase or decrease premiums noticeably.
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Hyundai Azera insurance prices for each different age group. The data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The chart below compares Hyundai Azera car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Azera annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no definitive formula that is best for determining when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Hyundai Azera settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Affordable Hyundai Azera insurance rates in Nashville
Some insurance providers don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so we break down some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Nashville auto insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Organization Discounts – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow their company to monitor their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a set time period.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Hyundai Azera auto insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The data assumes a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau discounts include good student, renewal discount, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, good driver, driver’s education, and anti-theft.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, and good student.
- Allstate may offer discounts for economy car, safe driver, premier plus, utility vehicle, and new car.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include family plan, business or organization, multi-policy, easy pay, and Farm Bureau membership.
- MetLife offers discounts including accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, good student, defensive driver, claim-free
Before you buy a policy, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Nashville. To choose insurers with discount car insurance rates in Nashville, click this link.
Three reasons to insure your Azera
Even though Nashville Azera insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Hyundai at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $700 annually so it’s important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance can be complex
When selecting coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Hyundai Azera?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance is available from agents near you
Some consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is still important in Nashville.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Nashville who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You won’t need to leave your house since price quotes are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- How are claims handled?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Learn about insurance coverages for a Hyundai Azera
Having a good grasp of insurance can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Auto liability insurance
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/15 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims like funeral expenses, legal defense fees and court costs. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Tennessee requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Hyundai Azera.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (Tennessee limits are 25/50/15), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like surgery, EMT expenses, prosthetic devices and X-ray expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Azera in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as theft, hitting a deer, fire damage, rock chips in glass and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.