It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who do rate comparisons are inclined to move their business because there is a good probability of finding better rates. A recent study showed that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved $3,450 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest price on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance is the reason you’re here, then learning a little about the best way to shop and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost Ford Shelby GT350 insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who provide auto insurance in Nashville. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Spend some time learning about how insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher rates like careless driving and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides tips to get cheaper coverage and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Nashville. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Nashville is not rocket science. If you’re already insured or just want cheaper coverage, you can learn to cut your premiums without having to cut coverage. Consumers only need to know the proper methods to shop for insurance on the web.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow driving data collection to study vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Nashville and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you low cost Ford Shelby GT350 insurance.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
If you would like to see a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Nashville, follow this link.
The following companies can provide quotes in Nashville, TN. If you want to find the best cheap car insurance in Nashville, TN, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that are used to determine your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you big savings.
Filing claims can increase rates – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Tennessee give most affordable rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Deter car thieves – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop vehicle theft.
Gender and car insurance – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Females and males tend to get into at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Males from age 16 to 21 have the highest risk to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
Raising comp and collision deductibles saves money – The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are rear-ending another vehicle, fire damage, and damage from wind. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
High credit scores save money – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower ratings. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Ford Shelby GT350 if you clean up your credit.
Marriage discount – Your spouse helps lower the price on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
Car and home together may be cheaper – Most insurance companies will give better rates to insureds who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, consumers should still compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Drivers may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are a ton of add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverages like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them consider taking them off your policy.
Insurance is available from agents near you
Some consumers still like to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to your email. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
When narrowing the list to find a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Insurance agents in Nashville can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can write insurance policies, but it’s important to know the subtle differences since it can affect which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. These agents are highly trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are Nashville exclusive agencies who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Nashville that are able to give price quotes.
Tri-City Insurance Agency
4400 Nolensville Pike – Nashville, TN 37211 – (615) 331-0770 – View Map
Protect more than your Ford vehicle
Even though Nashville Shelby GT350 insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance is required in Tennessee but also provides important benefits.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Ford Shelby GT350, more than likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your Ford Shelby GT350 but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Tennessee is overpaying over $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are inline.
Frequent quotes can save
A few companies may not have online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Cheaper car insurance in Nashville is attainable both online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
We just presented some good ideas how you can save on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Nashville. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Nashville auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small local company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nashville Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)