The most effective way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Nashville.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that drive up the price like accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Compare rates now
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best price selection.
It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop around for cheaper rates will, in all likelihood, move their business because they have good chances of finding a policy with better rates. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved on average $865 a year compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance in Nashville is the reason you’re reading this, knowing the best way to shop and compare coverage rates can save money and time.
Many insurance companies provide pricing online. The process is easy for anyone as all you need to do is type in your coverage information as requested by the quote form. When complete, the system will order reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find a lower rate.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate the coverages identical to your current policy. This ensures you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Nashville, TN. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Nashville, TN, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Buying the right Ford vehicle insurance in Tennessee is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford Fusion Energi insurance, paying for car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, your car insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Tennessee overpays more than $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some need to be inquired about before you will receive the discount. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better prices if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount when getting a Nashville car insurance quote.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies provide a small discount for buying your policy digitally online.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a small discount on rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Nashville car insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Early Switch Discount – A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and Progressive will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, military active duty, air bags, good student, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, newly married, new graduate, multi-car, and newly retired.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for driver training, bundle, defensive driver, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
- MetLife offers discounts for good driver, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not be offered in Nashville.
Nashville auto insurance company ratings
Finding a high-quality car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in Nashville. The company ratings in the next section may help you pick which auto insurers you want to consider when comparing rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies