If you are new to online price comparisons, there’s a good chance you are overwhelmed by the diversity of online companies all advertising big savings for Cadillac SRX insurance in Nashville.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Consumers who compare rates at least once a year are very likely to move their business because they have a good chance of finding lower prices. A study showed that drivers who compared prices once a year saved approximately $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the best rates on Cadillac SRX insurance in Nashville is your ultimate goal, learning how to find and compare insurance rates can make it easier to find better rates.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Nashville seems hard but is not really that difficult. Essentially every car owner who shops for auto insurance most likely will be able to find better rates. Nevertheless, Tennessee drivers must learn how the larger insurance companies calculate your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing a wide range of rates gives you a better chance of getting lower pricing.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Nashville, TN. To buy the best cheap auto insurance in Nashville, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
The premium information shown below showcases different insurance prices for Cadillac SRX models. Being more informed about how auto insurance prices are formulated can help you make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SRX Luxury 2WD||$152||$368||$350||$20||$104||$994||$83|
|SRX Luxury AWD||$152||$368||$350||$20||$104||$994||$83|
|SRX Performance 2WD||$170||$368||$350||$20||$104||$1,012||$84|
|SRX Performance AWD||$170||$368||$350||$20||$104||$1,012||$84|
|SRX Premium 2WD||$170||$368||$350||$20||$104||$1,012||$84|
|SRX Premium AWD||$170||$368||$350||$20||$104||$1,012||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease coverage prices substantially.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Cadillac SRX annual premium costs for each different age category. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Why you need quality insurance for your Cadillac SRX
Despite the high cost, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your SRX, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Cadillac at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your Cadillac SRX. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your Cadillac gets damaged, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your SRX are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $855 a year so shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
What Determines Cadillac SRX Insurance Premiums?
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that are used to determine your policy premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower car insurance prices.
Urban areas may pay more – Choosing to live in a small town is a positive aspect when talking about car insurance. People in densely populated areas regularly have more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. Lower population translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
How do annual miles impact premiums? – The more miles you rack up on your Cadillac in a year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An improperly rated SRX can cost quite a bit. It’s a good idea to make sure your vehicle rating is rated on the correct usage, because it can save money.
Insure your auto and home with one company – Many insurance companies will award lower prices to clients who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Insurance costs and driver gender – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Cadillac SRX insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Cars with good safety ratings save money – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If your Cadillac scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
Cadillac SRX insurance claim data – Car insurance companies use past insurance losses when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates. The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Cadillac SRX vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Specific Cadillac Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac SRX 4dr 2WD||103||101||84||80||82||91|
|Cadillac SRX 4dr 4WD||109||106||103||78||75||83|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Earn discounts on Nashville car insurance
Car insurance is expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Nashville drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your premiums.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Cadillac SRX auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The data assumes a female driver, no violations or claims, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
To locate insurers who offer discounts in Nashville, click this link.
When to contact an agent
Many drivers just prefer to go talk to an agent. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower prices and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. There is no reason to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- If they are an independent agency in Nashville, which companies do they recommend?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
When finding a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Nashville are considered either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Nashville that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Sid Neuhoff – State Farm Insurance Agent
4544 Harding Pike #216 – Nashville, TN 37205 – (615) 298-3276 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Fred J. Duke Jr.
171 Belle Forest Cir – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 662-1884 – View Map
- Michael Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
2817 West End Ave #209 – Nashville, TN 37203 – (615) 321-3388 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most can insure with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are Nashville independent insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Mills Insurance
4525 Harding Pike Ste 244 – Nashville, TN 37205 – (615) 620-4452 – View Map
- Sturdivant Insurance
1400 Forrest Ave – Nashville, TN 37206 – (615) 943-4962 – View Map
- Goldstein Insurance Agency
125 #203b Suite, 102 Belle Forest Cir – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 673-2727 – View Map
Persistence will pay off
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even high prices. Whatever your reason, switching companies can be less work than you think.
There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies. More affordable insurance in Nashville can be sourced on the web and with local Nashville insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
Steps to saving on Cadillac SRX insurance in Nashville
The best way we recommend to get discount Cadillac SRX insurance is to compare quotes annually from companies in Nashville. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Learn about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that increase rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Nashville. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. As soon as you can, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A good tip to remember is to use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Additional information can be found below:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Immigrants in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)