Unfortunately, the vast majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Consumers in Nashville could pocket $500 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find the cheapest price for Saturn VUE insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Nashville.
First, try to learn a little about how your policy works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and your credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover ideas to get low prices and find overlooked discounts.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy and determine if cheaper VUE coverage is available. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. When you receive it, safely store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The critical component of shopping around is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
To find more affordable rates, there are a couple of ways of comparing rate quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The easiest way by far to lower the rate you pay for Saturn VUE insurance is to get quotes online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to each insurance agency near you. Quoting Saturn VUE insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless your situation requires the extra assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. You can, however, find lower rates online but have a local agent actually write the policy. It’s important to know that comparing more quotes helps you find more affordable rates.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Nashville, TN. If your goal is to find the cheapest car insurance in Nashville, it’s highly recommended you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Saturn VUE in Nashville, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Saturn, most lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Saturn at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Saturn and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Saturn gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Nashville is overpaying over $855 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Rates and data analysis
The coverage table displayed next covers detailed analysis of insurance costs for Saturn VUE models. Having a better understanding of how insurance prices are formulated can be of help when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Vue XE 2WD||$174||$262||$278||$16||$82||$812||$68|
|Vue XR 2WD||$174||$320||$278||$16||$82||$870||$73|
|Vue XR-L 2WD||$196||$320||$278||$16||$82||$892||$74|
|Vue XR AWD||$196||$320||$278||$16||$82||$892||$74|
|Vue XR-L AWD||$196||$376||$278||$16||$82||$948||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Nashville location which can influence coverage rates considerably.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Saturn VUE insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Slash rates with these ten discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If you do not double check each discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Saturn can earn lower car insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Nashville Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Nashville can help you save on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to your current VUE insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Nashville auto insurance online.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a lower price if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The information below shows the difference between Saturn VUE car insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- GEICO offers discounts for air bags, military active duty, multi-policy, good student, membership and employees, and five-year accident-free.
- MetLife may have discounts that include accident-free, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, claim-free, and good driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, defensive driving training, good driver, accident-free, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for good driver, type of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for good student, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, teen driver, defensive driver, 55 and older, and early bird.
- Allstate may include discounts for auto/life discount, multi-policy, FullPay discount, teenSMART discount, farm vehicle, and anti-lock brakes.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in every state.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.