It takes a little time, but the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Nashville is to compare prices annually from companies in Tennessee.
First, read and learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new carrier. Be sure to put the new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who shop around at least once a year are likely to switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding a lower-priced company. A study showed that drivers who compared rates regularly saved approximately $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving money on auto insurance in Nashville is your goal, then having an understanding of how to shop and compare insurance coverage can help you be more efficient.
Companies offering Pontiac Solstice insurance in Tennessee
The following companies provide free quotes in Nashville, TN. To locate the best auto insurance in Nashville, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Nashville car insurance quote.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Solstice can save you some money because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau discounts include 55 and retired, good student, safe driver, driver training, youthful driver, and renewal discount.
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Allstate offers discounts for eSmart discount, 55 and retired, premier plus, safe driver, and early signing.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, defensive driving, multi-policy, good student, and easy pay.
- MetLife may offer discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, good student, good driver, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in your state. To find providers that offer the discounts shown above in Nashville, click here.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- High premiums for youthful drivers – More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers. Teenage drivers are known to be easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Keep insurance claims to a minimum – Companies in Tennessee give discounts to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- A policy lapse is a bad thing – Going without insurance is a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license.
- Annual miles is a factor – Driving a lot of miles each year the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. Make sure your insurance coverage reflects the right rating data, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Solstice is just wasting money.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts – Most insurers will give a discount to buyers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Optional features that cut insurance rates – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping car theft.
Car insurance agents near you
Many drivers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Nashville who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Nashville should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
When finding a local agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they work. Auto insurance agents in Nashville are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but we need to point out how they are different since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Nashville who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Listed below are Nashville independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Upon receiving satisfactory answers to these questions and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to service your policy.
Compare but don’t skimp
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Budget-conscious Pontiac Solstice insurance can be found both online in addition to many Nashville insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers sell through independent agencies.
We just covered many ideas to shop for Pontiac Solstice insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Nashville? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)