Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who perform rate comparisons will presumably switch companies because there is a good probability of finding a lower rate. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved as much as $70 a month as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the most affordable Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Nashville is your goal, understanding how to shop for car insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
The preferred way to find cheaper car insurance rates in Nashville is to annually compare prices from insurers that sell auto insurance in Tennessee. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Learn about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a negative credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to get better rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Nashville. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, store the certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Cheap Mazda insurance rates in Nashville
The following companies can provide price quotes in Tennessee. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Nashville, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance coverage analysis
The coverage table displayed next covers a range of prices for Mazda MX-5 Miata models. Learning how insurance prices are figured can be of help when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MX-5 Miata Sport 2-Dr Convertible||$118||$224||$298||$18||$88||$746||$62|
|MX-5 Miata Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$136||$272||$298||$18||$88||$812||$68|
|MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$136||$272||$298||$18||$88||$812||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase premium rates noticeably.
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Don’t overlook these Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to scrutinize where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course in defensive driver is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
The illustration below shows the difference between Mazda MX-5 Miata yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The information is based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance discounts in Nashville in Nashville, click this link.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. You are unique and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local insurance agents is still important in Nashville.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Nashville that can provide free Nashville car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Nashville for you
If you want to use an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Nashville agents are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you need to include price quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
Featured below are Nashville independent insurance agents that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Robins Insurance Agency, Inc.
30 Burton Hills Blvd #300 – Nashville, TN 37215 – (615) 665-9200 – View Map
- Chamberlain Insurance Agency
4741 Trousdale Dr #104 – Nashville, TN 37220 – (615) 922-2317 – View Map
- Eric Jans Insurance Agency
1805 Ordway Pl – Nashville, TN 37206 – (615) 478-7146 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Drivers often use the same agent mainly due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Nashville that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Phil Hardeman – State Farm Insurance Agent
3708 Nolensville Rd c – Nashville, TN 37211 – (615) 832-0630 – View Map
- LaShawnda Bryant – State Farm Insurance Agent
7648 Hwy 70 S #10 – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 662-9989 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Fred J. Duke Jr.
171 Belle Forest Cir – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 662-1884 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Nashville?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
How to find a good Nashville car insurance company
Picking the highest-rated insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies sell coverage in Nashville. The ranking data displayed below could help you choose which car insurance providers to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We covered some good ideas how to save on Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Nashville. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Mazda MX-5 Miata rate quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Nashville Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nashville Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uninsured Drivers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Nashville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)