How long have you put off shopping around for low-cost Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Nashville? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for your Dodge Ram 3500 in Tennessee could be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips to find lower rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage for a Dodge and find the lowest possible price.
If you have a policy now or want to find a cheaper company, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Comparison shopping for the best protection in Nashville is easy if you know what you’re doing. Comparison shoppers just need to know the most time-saving way to compare rates online.
Cheap companies for Dodge Ram 3500 insurance
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Nashville, TN. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Nashville, TN, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Rates and information analytics
The premium information displayed below showcases detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Dodge Ram 3500 models. Having a good grasp of how insurance premiums are calculated can assist in making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$194||$312||$272||$16||$82||$876||$73|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$238||$368||$272||$16||$82||$976||$81|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$238||$424||$408||$24||$122||$1,216||$101|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$238||$424||$272||$16||$82||$1,032||$86|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$238||$424||$272||$16||$82||$1,032||$86|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$238||$478||$408||$24||$122||$1,270||$106|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$238||$478||$408||$24||$122||$1,270||$106|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$238||$478||$408||$24||$122||$1,270||$106|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$238||$424||$272||$16||$82||$1,032||$86|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$238||$424||$272||$16||$82||$1,032||$86|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$238||$478||$408||$24||$122||$1,270||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can revise premiums considerably.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram 3500 insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no set rule to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Ram 3500 claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $400 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Nashville
Some insurance providers don’t always list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you lower prices if you buy life insurance.
- Nashville Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount since newer models are generally safer.
- Low Mileage – Driving less may enable drivers to earn lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- No Claim Discounts – Nashville drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Early Signing – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current Ram 3500 insurance policy expires. You may see this discount when you get Nashville auto insurance quotes online.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors can get better auto insurance rates.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram 3500 insurance premiums with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, defensive driving training, anti-theft, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-policy, air bags, seat belt use, membership and employees, and emergency military deployment.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for exclusive group savings, safety features, newly married, multi-car, multi-policy, hybrid vehicle, and new vehicle discount.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include anti-theft, driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, good student, and defensive driver.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
When getting free Nashville auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered in your area.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Dodge Ram 3500 Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
The following are some of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The performance of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your rates. The lowest premiums tend to be for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The next chart uses these variables: single female driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Dodge Ram 3500 insurance premiums compared to other models that have different performances.
Always keep your coverage in force – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.
Save money by having excellent credit – Your credit history is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit history can be improved, you may save money insuring your Dodge Ram 3500 by improving your credit score. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores.
Premiums are high for teenagers – Young drivers in Tennessee are statistically shown to be easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a inexperienced driver onto your car insurance will cause a huge premium hike. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Use but don’t abuse your insurance – Car insurance companies in Tennessee provide discounts to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can expect higher rates. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Do I need special coverages?
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local agents is especially important in Nashville.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Nashville who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Nashville for you
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents in Nashville may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to check rates from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
Below are Nashville independent agents who can help you get free rate quotes.
- Hale Insurance, LLC
301 29th Ave N – Nashville, TN 37203 – (615) 321-4150 – View Map
- Manning Agency
104 Woodmont Blvd – Nashville, TN 37205 – (615) 383-6700 – View Map
- Robins Insurance Agency, Inc.
30 Burton Hills Blvd #300 – Nashville, TN 37215 – (615) 665-9200 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand legacy rather than low price.
Shown below are Nashville exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Marvin Cook – State Farm Insurance Agent
308 Donelson Pike – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 391-4966 – View Map
- Heather Farmer State Farm Insurance
6592 TN-100 Suite 2 – Nashville, TN 37205 – (615) 356-6503 – View Map
- Barbara Stewart – State Farm Insurance Agent
3055 Lebanon Pike #2103 – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 391-5300 – View Map
Deciding on a car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
You can lower your car insurance rates
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Nashville. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Nashville auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Steps to finding discount Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Nashville
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget Dodge Ram 3500 insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers in Nashville. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many risk factors that drive up the price like traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit history can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Nashville Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)