Would you prefer to buy low-cost Honda Pilot insurance in Nashville? If you are a novice to online auto insurance shopping, it’s easy to get confused thanks to the vast number of online auto insurance companies and websites all claiming to save you money.
It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest price will probably buy a new policy because of the high probability of getting low-cost coverage. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding low prices for insurance is your goal, learning how to quote prices and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier.
Consumers need to compare rates before your policy renews because insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the lowest rate on Honda Pilot insurance in Nashville six months ago there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of wrong information about Pilot insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some of the best techniques to find cheap auto insurance in Nashville.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might already qualify for some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same car insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Pilot insurance in Nashville.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Honda Pilot insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums assume a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, good driver, location of vehicle, age of vehicle, multi-policy, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for alternative fuel, business and professional, good student, mature driver, and homeowner.
- Farm Bureau has savings for safe driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- Allstate offers discounts including anti-theft, senior citizen, passive restraint, EZ pay plan discount, FullPay discount, and safe driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, driver training, multi-vehicle, and daytime running lights.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not apply in every state. For a list of providers with significant discounts in Tennessee, click here to view.
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from companies that offer auto insurance in Tennessee. The best method to find cheaper Honda Pilot rates is to get quotes online. When comparison shopping, quoting more increases the chance that you will find lower pricing.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Tennessee. If you want cheap car insurance in Nashville, TN, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance coverage analysis
The premium table displayed next highlights different coverage costs for Honda Pilot models. Having a better idea how car insurance premiums are formulated can be useful when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$178||$286||$350||$20||$104||$938||$78|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$200||$286||$350||$20||$104||$960||$80|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$200||$286||$350||$20||$104||$960||$80|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$200||$348||$350||$20||$104||$1,022||$85|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$200||$348||$350||$20||$104||$1,022||$85|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$200||$348||$350||$20||$104||$1,022||$85|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$200||$348||$350||$20||$104||$1,022||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase coverage rates greatly.
How much insurance do I need?
When it comes to proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
When should I get advice from an insurance agency?
Certain consumers just want to sit down with an agent. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Nashville that provide free Nashville car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on a provider should include more criteria than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local Nashville insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Nashville agents may be either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Nashville willing to provide price quotes.
- Phil Hardeman – State Farm Insurance Agent
3708 Nolensville Rd c – Nashville, TN 37211 – (615) 832-0630 – View Map
- Michael Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
2817 West End Ave #209 – Nashville, TN 37203 – (615) 321-3388 – View Map
- LaShawnda Bryant – State Farm Insurance Agent
7648 Hwy 70 S #10 – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 662-9989 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
When shopping rates, we recommend you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with smaller companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Nashville willing to provide price quote information.
- MJC Insurance Group
1506 Church St Suite 2 – Nashville, TN 37203 – (615) 873-1988 – View Map
- Hale Insurance, LLC
301 29th Ave N – Nashville, TN 37203 – (615) 321-4150 – View Map
- HQ Insurance, Inc.
2451 Atrium Way – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 884-3535 – View Map
Three good reasons to insure your Pilot
Despite the high cost, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Honda, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Nashville is overpaying more than $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to save money.
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills such as funeral costs, surgery, prosthetic devices and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage pays for damage to your Pilot resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Pilot to bring the cost down.
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/15 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like loss of income, legal defense fees, attorney fees and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Tennessee state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not be enough coverage.
This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as vandalism, hail damage, falling objects and fire damage. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Tennessee drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/15 in Tennessee), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Cover all your bases
We covered a lot of information how to shop for Honda Pilot insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Honda Pilot rate quotes. You may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost.
How to find cheaper rates for Honda Pilot insurance in Nashville
It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Nashville is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who can sell car insurance in Tennessee. This can be done by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like distracted driving and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nashville Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nashville Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Nashville? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)