Nobody I know looks forward to paying for insurance, especially knowing they are paying too much.
Shocking but true, almost 70% of insureds have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Nashville drivers could save themselves 35% a year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue how much they could save if they just switched companies.
Due to the fact that there are so many options when it comes to insurance, it can be hard to locate a more affordable insurance company.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Nashville is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you have a policy now, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper insurance using the techniques presented in this article. But Tennessee car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how insurance companies set your policy premium because it varies considerably.
Nashville insurance discounts for a Kia Spectra
Some insurers do not list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Nashville auto insurance online.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Nashville auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Memberships – Joining a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 can get better auto insurance rates.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To view companies with discount auto insurance rates in Nashville, click here.
Many insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive make it easy to get coverage prices online. Getting Kia Spectra insurance prices online can be done by anyone as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want into the form. Upon sending the form, the system orders your driving and credit reports and provides a quote based on these factors. Being able to quote online for Kia Spectra insurance in Nashville streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the cheapest price on car insurance.
To compare pricing, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. This ensures you are getting a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Nashville, TN. To find the cheapest car insurance in Nashville, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Insurance can get complicated
When it comes to coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- What is the ISO rating for a Kia Spectra?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Buying auto insurance from Nashville car insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Nashville who will gladly provide quotes for your business. There is no reason to even leave your home since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you need to compare rates for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
When searching for a good Nashville insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures to choose from. Insurance agencies in Nashville are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Nashville willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Nashville that are able to give comparison quotes.
Upon getting reasonable responses to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an insurance agency that is reputable and can service your policy.
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Kia Spectra.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/15), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance covers damage to your Spectra resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree, driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your Spectra to bring the cost down.
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/15 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as funeral expenses, bail bonds and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible. Tennessee requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses for hospital visits, pain medications and prosthetic devices. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hail damage, theft and fire damage. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
One last thing to lower rates
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium and high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
The cheapest Kia Spectra insurance in Nashville can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not offer internet price quotes and these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
How to find more affordable Kia Spectra insurance in Nashville
The recommended way to find affordable quotes for Kia Spectra insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell auto insurance in Nashville. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Spectra coverage is available. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One tip to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Nashville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Retired Military in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Nashville? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uninsured Drivers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)