The most effective way to get affordable Cadillac ATS insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Nashville.
- Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates like getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to help prevent high rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies. Select a company
- Compare the quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare every insurance company. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Unimaginable but true, about 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. With the average premium in Tennessee being $1,400, drivers could save an average of almost 35% each year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower car insurance prices. Many things are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but some are more transparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
- Premiums are lower the older you get – Older, more experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are known to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Some insurance companies will give lower prices to buyers who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still compare other Nashville ATS insurance rates to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still save even more even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Safeguard your assets with liability protection – The liability section of your policy provides coverage in the event that you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Rates may be higher where you live – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas regularly have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Inexpensive frequent policy claims are not good – If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Tennessee award most affordable rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – Driving more miles in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance policy correctly shows annual mileage. An incorrectly rated ATS is just wasting money.
Insurance losses for a Cadillac ATS – Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that are shown to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Cadillac ATS vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Cadillac ATS Vehicles Specific Cadillac Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD 121 97 103 107 96 90 Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD 127 81 91 92 93 74BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheap Nashville Cadillac ATS insurance quotes online
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing all the rates in your area will enable you to find the best price.
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Tennessee. In order to find cheap car insurance in Nashville, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though Nashville ATS insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your ATS has a lienholder, most banks will require that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Cadillac for a much higher rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Cadillac ATS but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Cadillac as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your ATS are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance policy discounts for Cadillac ATS insurance in Nashville
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that you may not even know about. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select companies reward you with a break if you buy life insurance.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military can result in better car insurance rates.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings up to 30%.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies may permit one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your premiums.
If you would like to view car insurance companies with discount rates in Tennessee, follow this link.
Insurance agents can give valuable advice
Some people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find lower premium rates and also buy local. Supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Nashville.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes to get your business. You won’t need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Nashville
When finding a good Nashville insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you compare prices from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Nashville that can possibly get you free price quotes.
- Chamberlain Insurance Agency
4741 Trousdale Dr #104 – Nashville, TN 37220 – (615) 922-2317 – View Map
- Affordable Assurance Agency Inc
6202 Charlotte Pike # 1 – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 356-6700 – View Map
- Eric Jans Insurance Agency
1805 Ordway Pl – Nashville, TN 37206 – (615) 478-7146 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to use the same agent mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Nashville that are able to give rate quotes.
- Jeff Summers – State Farm Insurance Agent
336 21st Ave N – Nashville, TN 37203 – (615) 320-3016 – View Map
- Mark Le Clair – State Farm Insurance Agent
5548 Franklin Pike #201 – Nashville, TN 37220 – (615) 292-9233 – View Map
- LaShawnda Bryant – State Farm Insurance Agent
7648 Hwy 70 S #10 – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 662-9989 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Nashville should know the answers to these questions.
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Does their agency support local causes in Nashville?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is there a local claims center in Nashville?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Which is the best insurance?
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Tennessee?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Cheap rates are available
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to shop for Cadillac ATS insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Nashville car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with the smaller companies.
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
The cheapest Cadillac ATS insurance in Nashville is possible from both online companies and from local agencies, so get free Nashville car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents.
More learning opportunities
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Nashville? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a School Permit in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nashville Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)