Are you regretting the purchase of an under-performing, overpriced auto insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because you’re not the only one.
Shockingly, almost 70% of insureds in Tennessee have been with the same company for at least four years, and almost half have never even compared rates from other companies. U.S. drivers could cut their rates by about $859 a year just by shopping around, but they underestimate how much they could save if they bought a different policy.
How to save on Buick Lucerne insurance in Nashville
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from companies who provide car insurance in Nashville. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, read and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies. View prices
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. As soon as you can, put the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is that you use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
There is such a variety of auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, it can be more difficult to find the lowest cost provider for Buick Lucerne insurance in Nashville.
It’s a good idea to price shop coverage before your next renewal because auto insurance prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Buick Lucerne insurance in Nashville on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn one of the easiest ways to buy cheaper Buick Lucerne insurance in Nashville.
Finding affordable insurance coverage in Nashville can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you are insured now or just want cheaper rates, use these tips to get lower rates without reducing protection. Smart shoppers just have to understand the most effective way to get comparison quotes from many different companies online.
The easiest way to compare rates for Buick Lucerne insurance in Nashville is to take advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide information like if you have an active license, if the vehicle is leased, what you do for a living, and which vehicles you own. The rating information is sent automatically to many of the top insurers and they return cost estimate quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Tennessee. If you want to find the best cheap auto insurance in Nashville, TN, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Tennessee
Even though Nashville Lucerne insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Buick for a much higher rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Nashville overpays as much as $810 a year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Rates and information analytics
The table shown next highlights estimates of coverage prices for Buick Lucerne models. Being able to understand how insurance rates are formulated can be of help when making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lucerne CXL Special Edition||$216||$526||$326||$20||$98||$1,186||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can affect insurance rates substantially.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims influence Buick Lucerne insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Buick Lucerne insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to delete full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Buick Lucerne claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $600 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Some insurance providers do not advertise every discount they offer very well, so the list below contains both the well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Nashville auto insurance online.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive lower premium rates.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for multiple cars with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings as much as 30%.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
The example below shows the difference between Buick Lucerne annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that may include these discounts include:
When quoting, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer insurance discounts in Nashville, click here to view.
Which is the best car insurance?
When quoting and choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you may require specific advice.
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
How to find a good Tennessee auto insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with the top insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different companies sell coverage in Tennessee. The rank data displayed below could help you choose which car insurance providers to look at buying from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies