The best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Nashville. This can be done by following these steps.
First, try to comprehend policy coverages and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like traffic violations, accidents, and a negative credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for more information to find cheap prices and find overlooked discounts.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources. View companies
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new insurer. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
An essential thing to point out is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
Remarkably, a study showed that about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Nashville drivers could save nearly 35% each year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
The quickest method to get rate comparisons for Tesla Model S insurance in Nashville is to know the trick almost all companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as what your job is, whether you drive to work or school, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, and how many miles driven. The rating information is sent automatically to multiple different insurance companies and they return quotes very quickly.
To compare cheaper Tesla Model S insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Nashville.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Tennessee. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Nashville, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Discounts can help save money on Tesla Model S insurance in Nashville
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both the well known and the more hidden discounts that may be available. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you the cheapest Tesla Model S insurance in Nashville.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a course teaching driver safety skills could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies allow discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Model S insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Nashville car insurance online.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Nashville and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including anti-theft, good student, ease of repair, location of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include alternative fuel, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, homeowner, multi-car, and good student.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including good student, renewal discount, driver training, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, 55 and retired, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver’s education, defensive driving training, passive restraint, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and good student.
- Allstate has discounts for multi-policy, EZ pay plan discount, farm vehicle, safe driver, 55 and retired, and new car.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, good student, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, and multi-policy.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in every state. To choose insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Tennessee, follow this link.
What Determines Tesla Model S Insurance Rates?
Lots of things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Lower comp and collision deductibles cost more – Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your car insurance will be.
- Men pay more for car insurance – Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both genders get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Male teenagers are the most expensive to insure so it costs more to insure them.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Tesla has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
- High performance equals high premiums – The make and model of the car you drive makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The best insurance prices are for small economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Premiums are lower the older you get – Inexperience drivers are known to get distracted easily when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets.
- Liability insurance claims can be big – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Insurance loss data for Tesla Model S vehicles – Car insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher cost to insure. The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Tesla Model S vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Tesla Model S Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Tesla Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 2WD 324 116 208 39 46 104 Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 4WD 333BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agencies can help
Certain consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this short form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Nashville that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent directly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Nashville should know the answers to these questions.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
The different types of car insurance agents
When finding a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they operate. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them because it can influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Nashville who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Nashville that can give you price quote information.
Tri-City Insurance Agency
4400 Nolensville Pike – Nashville, TN 37211 – (615) 331-0770 – View Map
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- What happens if I owe more than my Tesla Model S is worth?
- What is glass protection for?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Find affordable rates by being thorough
You just read many ways to shop for Tesla Model S insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding low cost Nashville car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Low-cost Tesla Model S insurance in Nashville can be found on the web and with local Nashville insurance agents, so you need to shop Nashville car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not have rates over the internet and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
When you buy Nashville car insurance online, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured cut collision coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More tips and info about insurance can be read in the articles below:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Honda Civic in Nashville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nashville Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)