How long has it been since you compared quotes for cheaper Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Nashville? Trying to find better insurance prices for a Chrysler Town and Country in Tennessee could be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to make it easier. There is a better way to find car insurance online and you need to know the proper way to get price quotes for a new or used Chrysler and obtain the best price possible from Nashville insurance agents and online providers.
Unbelievably, a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Nashville insurance shoppers could cut their rates by nearly 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
You need to compare rates as often as possible because car insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best premium rates on Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Nashville at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to quote online to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
The most recommended method to get rate comparisons for Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Nashville is to know car insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information like if you require a SR-22, whether you have decent credit, how much education you have, and distance driven. Your information is then sent to many different companies and they provide comparison quotes quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here then complete the form.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Nashville, TN. To get the best auto insurance in Nashville, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Get cheaper Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Nashville with discounts
Some insurers don’t necessarily list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more common as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Resident Student – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Nashville and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies allow discounts for signing up prior to your current Town and Country insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Nashville auto insurance quotes online.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow companies to study driving manner by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next car insurance statement.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The example below illustrates the difference between Chrysler Town and Country annual premium costs with and without policy discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, driver’s education, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for teen driver, pay in full, good student, business and professional, switch companies, early shopping, and distant student.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, air bags, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for student away at school, anti-lock brakes, paperless, company car, mature driver, multi-policy, and paid in full.
- The Hartford has savings for bundle, good student, driver training, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for multi-policy, youthful driver, safe driver, 55 and retired, good student, renewal discount, and driver training.
- USAA offers discounts for defensive driver, good student, multi-vehicle, driver training, and military installation.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your state.
Chrysler Town and Country insurance rates and statistics
The coverage information displayed below covers different coverage prices for Chrysler Town and Country models. Learning how policy premiums are determined can be useful when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Town and Country LX||$224||$310||$246||$14||$74||$868||$72|
|Town and Country Touring||$252||$376||$246||$14||$74||$962||$80|
|Town and Country Signature||$252||$376||$246||$14||$74||$962||$80|
|Town and Country Touring Plus||$252||$376||$246||$14||$74||$962||$80|
|Town and Country Limited||$280||$444||$246||$14||$74||$1,058||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise rates significantly.
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can impact Chrysler Town and Country insurance costs for different insured age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Chrysler Town and Country insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premium estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut rule of when to phase out comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Chrysler Town and Country book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Compare rates but still have a local Nashville insurance agent
Some people just want to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and also buy local.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Nashville who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Tennessee?
- How many years have they been established?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
If you want a local agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can handle auto insurance, but it’s important to point out the difference between them since it could factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people use the same agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Nashville that can give you price quotes.
- Barbara Stewart – State Farm Insurance Agent
3055 Lebanon Pike #2103 – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 391-5300 – View Map
- Wally Knox – State Farm Insurance Agent
5110 Delaware Ave – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 297-3527 – View Map
- Phill Pharr – State Farm Insurance Agent
5814 Nolensville Pike #108 – Nashville, TN 37211 – (615) 832-0897 – View Map
These agents do not write with just one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Nashville willing to provide price quote information.
- Chamberlain Insurance Agency
4741 Trousdale Dr #104 – Nashville, TN 37220 – (615) 922-2317 – View Map
- Zander Insurance Group
6213 Charlotte Pike – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 356-1700 – View Map
- Antioch Insurance
1311 Antioch Pike – Nashville, TN 37211 – (615) 834-7106 – View Map
Once you have received acceptable answers to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can service your policy. Keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can terminate your policy for any reason so never assume that you’re stuck with a specific company with no way out.
Three good reasons to insure your Town and Country
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chrysler Town and Country in Nashville, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Town and Country, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Chrysler at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Chrysler gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Town and Country are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as theft, a broken windshield, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hail damage. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses for nursing services, EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses, pain medications and hospital visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car, crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Town and Country to bring the cost down.
Coverage for liability – This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/15 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $15,000.
Liability can pay for things such as loss of income, funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, emergency aid and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Tennessee requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The chart below shows why the minimum limit may not provide adequate coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Chrysler Town and Country.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 25/50/15), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with the best insurance company can be difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Nashville. The ranking data shown below may help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Persistence pays off
The cheapest Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Nashville is possible both online in addition to many Nashville insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not offer rate quotes online and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver or denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider can be less work than you think.
How to find discount Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Nashville
It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Nashville. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare all possible companies. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Nashville Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nashville Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Honda Civic in Nashville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nashville Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nashville Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nashville Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)