How long has it been since you compared more affordable car insurance rates in Nashville, TN? Nashville consumers have many options when looking for the lowest priced Kia Sorento insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to buy car insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to compare rates on a Kia and obtain the lowest possible price from Nashville insurance agents and online providers.
The Kia Sorento Insurance Premium Equation
When buying insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower insurance prices. Many things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although others are less apparent like where you live or your commute time.
The list below includes a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine rates.
- Responsible drivers pay less – Whether or not you get tickets impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one moving violation may increase your cost substantially. Drivers with careless violations such as reckless driving or DUI may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Do you have a tough job? – Occupations like military personnel, airline pilots, and emergency personnel are shown to have higher average rates because of intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, jobs like scientists, students and performers have lower than average premiums.
- Safeguard your assets with liability insurance – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- When should you not file insurance claims? – If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Tennessee give most affordable rates to drivers who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Where you call home is a factor – Living in less populated areas can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Performance influences insurance costs – The make and model of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest rates are generally reserved for the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors.
Insurance loss data for a Kia Sorento – Companies use historical loss data when they calculate premium prices for each model. Models that are shown to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more to insure.
The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Kia Sorento vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Values under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Sorento Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD 80 86 82 110 111 94 Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD 85 87 101 97 98 85BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Nashville auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on auto insurance.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure several vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Nashville car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a lower rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a defensive driving class may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts should help reduce your overall premium however.
Insurance companies that possibly offer most of these discounts possibly include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Check with every company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not be offered in every state. To view insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Nashville, click here to view.
Best car insurance in Nashville
Selecting the best auto insurance company is hard considering how many companies there are to choose from in Tennessee. The rank data shown next could help you choose which car insurance providers to look at to insure your vehicles.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheaper auto insurance rates are available
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to find cheaper Kia Sorento insurance in Nashville. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices or not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to saving on Kia Sorento insurance in Nashville
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Kia Sorento insurance in Nashville is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Tennessee.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as multiple speeding tickets and poor credit can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Sorento insurance. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Much more information about auto insurance in Tennessee is available on the following sites:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Nashville? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nashville Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uninsured Drivers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for College Students in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)