It takes a little time, but the best way to find affordable Dodge Journey insurance in Nashville is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies who provide car insurance in Tennessee.
- Step 1: Read about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details. This article gives instructions to get lower rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Journey coverage is available in Nashville. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
Unimaginable but true, most insurance buyers in Tennessee have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in America could save as much as $850 each year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Nashville can be easy if you know a few tricks. Practically every person who shops around for auto insurance will find a lower-cost company. Nevertheless, Tennessee drivers can benefit from knowing how companies calculate their prices and take advantage of how the system works.
Low Cost companies for Dodge Journey insurance
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Nashville, TN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Dodge Journey insurance rate analysis
The table shown next highlights detailed analysis of insurance costs for Dodge Journey models. Having a good understanding how auto insurance premiums are determined can be of help when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Journey SE 2WD||$182||$250||$288||$18||$86||$824||$69|
|Journey SXT 2WD||$182||$304||$288||$18||$86||$878||$73|
|Journey R/T 2WD||$204||$304||$288||$18||$86||$900||$75|
|Journey SXT Crew 2WD||$204||$304||$288||$18||$86||$900||$75|
|Journey SXT AWD||$204||$304||$288||$18||$86||$900||$75|
|Journey R/T AWD||$204||$358||$288||$18||$86||$954||$80|
|Journey SXT Crew AWD||$204||$358||$288||$18||$86||$954||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in Nashville location which can change rates noticeably.
The chart below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Dodge Journey insurance premiums for different insured age categories. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Impact of speeding/accidents on Nashville auto insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how violations and accident claims influence Dodge Journey yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Journey auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Journey claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Nashville car insurance discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list every discount they offer very well, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Nashville auto insurance online.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Good Student – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- College Student – Youth drivers living away from Nashville attending college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The example below compares Dodge Journey auto insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including safety device, renters, good student, Switch & Save, anti-theft, emergency road assistance, and paid-in-full.
- The Hartford has discounts for anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, bundle, and air bag.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-policy, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good driver, and multi-car.
- GEICO may have discounts that include emergency military deployment, seat belt use, membership and employees, driver training, and defensive driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, good student, multiple autos, student away at school, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not be offered in every state. To see a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Tennessee, click here to view.
Insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Many people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is sent to local insurance agents in Nashville who will return price quotes for your business. You don’t have to find an agent because prices are sent directly to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Tennessee?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Nashville agents are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Nashville that can give you comparison quotes.
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are Nashville independent insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
After getting good responses to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to adequately provide insurance. But keep in mind it’s your policy and you can cancel a policy at any time so don’t think you’re contractually obligated to a specific agent for any length of time.
Which car insurance company is best in Tennessee?
Ending up with a high-quality auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies there are in Tennessee. The company information displayed below could help you pick which providers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Auto insurance can be complex
When it comes to buying a policy, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Dodge Journey is totaled?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Insurance policy specifics
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from flooding. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Dodge Journey.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/15 in Tennessee), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/15 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical services, court costs, medical expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Tennessee requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The chart below shows why buying low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses for surgery, pain medications, ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses and doctor visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Journey resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Journey to bring the cost down.
Compare but don’t skimp
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just learned many tips how you can save on Dodge Journey insurance in Nashville. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Nashville auto insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Nashville Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nashville Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)