It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who shop around for cheaper rates will presumably move their business because they have a good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent car insurance study revealed that people who compared rates annually saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding budget-friendly insurance is your target objective, then learning about how to find companies and compare car insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Truthfully, the best way to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies in Nashville.
- Step 1: Try to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for tips to prevent rate hikes and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Locating the best policy in Nashville is quite easy. In essence, every car owner who compares rate quotes for auto insurance stands a good chance to find better rates. But Tennessee vehicle owners must learn how insurance companies sell online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Components of Your Acura ILX Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
Raise comp and collision deductibles and save – The deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Marriage is a factor – Walking down the aisle can actually save you money compared to being single. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Gender and insurance prices – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Both genders cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but men tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
Experienced drivers save more – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Teen drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Small claims can cost you – Car insurance companies in Tennessee generally give most affordable rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Acura ILX insurance loss statistics – Insurers use past insurance losses to help calculate premium rates. Models that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher premium rate.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Acura ILX vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Specific Acura Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Reduce your car insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Nashville auto insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few car insurance companies.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some of the larger companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
When quoting, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your area. To find insurers who offer cheap Acura ILX insurance quotes in Tennessee, click here.
Nashville auto insurance company ratings
Choosing the right insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Tennessee. The company ratings shown below can help you analyze which auto insurers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
One last thing about your coverage
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best price.
We covered many ways to find cheaper Acura ILX insurance in Nashville. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Acura ILX insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nashville Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)