Are you confused by the sheer number of car insurance sources available to you? Drivers have so many sources available that it can easily turn into a chore to find the perfect company for you. Everyone knows that Nashville is an awesome place to live, but expensive premiums for car insurance makes it impossible to affordably buy enough coverage.
Steps to finding cheaper Pontiac Montana insurance in Nashville
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find affordable Pontiac Montana insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in Nashville.
- Try to learn about how car insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents and a substandard credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for additional ideas to get lower rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Montana coverage is available. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key thing to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop around will most likely buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding lower rate quotes. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved an average of $865 annually compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance in Nashville is your objective, then learning a little about how to shop and compare insurance rates can help you be more efficient.
If you have car insurance now, you will surely be able to find the best rates using the following tips. This article will teach you a little about the most effective way to quote insurance and how you can save the most money. But Tennessee drivers can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies set your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
Most larger insurance companies give insurance quotes from their websites. Comparing Pontiac Montana insurance rates online can be done by anyone as you just enter the coverages you want into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their quoting system will obtain your driving and credit reports and quotes a price based on these factors.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it’s also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the lowest possible payments on auto insurance.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter the coverage information identical to your current policy. This way, you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Tennessee. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Check for these discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to track vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a defensive driver course may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts should definitely cut the premium cost.
A list of car insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, and online quote discount.
- SAFECO has discounts for homeowner, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, safe driver, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, and anti-theft.
- American Family discounts include bundled insurance, defensive driver, accident-free, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, early bird, and air bags.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, accident-free, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, driver training, multi-policy, daytime running lights, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for anti-theft, air bag, bundle, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
When comparing rates, check with every company how you can save money. A few discounts might not be offered in Nashville.
Do I need an agent?
A small number of people still like to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about price shopping on the web is you may find cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is still important in Nashville.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Nashville who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Types of car insurance agents
When researching a local Nashville insurance agency, there are two different agency structures that you can select. Agencies in Nashville are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with smaller companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Nashville that may be able to give price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Gaffney Insurance Agency and Financial Services LLC
946 Jefferson St #103 – Nashville, TN 37208 – (615) 733-3133 – View Map
- Affordable Assurance Agency Inc
6202 Charlotte Pike # 1 – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 356-6700 – View Map
- Greater Nashville Insurance
208 McGavock Pike A – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 885-5882 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents partially due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Nashville that are able to give price quote information.
- Gail Hughes – State Farm Insurance Agent
2592 Murfreesboro Pike b – Nashville, TN 37217 – (615) 361-1906 – View Map
- Ray Watts – State Farm Insurance Agent
4703 Gallatin Pike – Nashville, TN 37216 – (615) 228-1338 – View Map
- Eric Osborne – State Farm Insurance Agent
2301 21st Ave S #350 – Nashville, TN 37212 – (615) 837-9000 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
Eight factors that influence insurance rates
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that help determine your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you big savings. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are less apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
- Extra coverages are wasting money – Policies have additional extra coverages that can add up on your car insurance policy. Things like roadside assistance, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
- Save money by raising comp and collision deductibles – Physical damage deductibles define how much you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Defend yourself with liability – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection if a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Don’t let your car insurance lapse – Driving any period of time without insurance can get you a ticket and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Tennessee motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- How do annual miles impact rates? – Driving more miles annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. An improperly rated Montana can result in significantly higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy shows the correct usage.
- Men tend to take more risk – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Females and males are in auto accidents at a similar rate, but guys tend to have higher claims. Men also receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Teenagers are high risk – Drivers with little experience are known to be easily distracted behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a young driver onto your car insurance can increase premiums substantially. More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Most larger car insurance companies provide better rates for people that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. You may still save money by insuring with multiple companies.
Car insurance is not optional in Tennessee
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Nashville, car insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Montana has a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Pontiac at an extremely high rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Lower-priced car insurance in Nashville is possible online as well as from independent agents in Nashville, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not have online price quotes and these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Steps to finding lower priced Pontiac Montana insurance in Nashville
The most effective way to save money on car insurance rates in Nashville is to do an annual price comparison from insurers in Tennessee. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
First, read and learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a substandard credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Nashville. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new insurance company. Be sure to store the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Nashville Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Honda Civic in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nashville Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)