If you want to save the most money, the best way to get budget car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Nashville.
First, gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a poor credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for instructions to help keep rates affordable and get bigger discounts.
Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Grand Prix coverage is available in Nashville. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application for the new policy. Immediately safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A good piece of advice is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to analyze all possible companies. This helps ensure a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who get price quotes annually will most likely buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding discount prices. A recent insurance study discovered that people who compared prices regularly saved about $850 each year as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance is the reason you’re here, then having some knowledge of how to get rate quotes and compare auto insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
Best companies for competitive Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Tennessee
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Tennessee. To get the best cheap auto insurance in Tennessee, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Earn discounts on Nashville auto insurance
Some companies do not advertise their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Early Signing – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current Grand Prix insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Nashville auto insurance online.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable data collection to monitor driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Grand Prix insurance in Nashville.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, good student, student away at school, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for switch companies, pay in full, distant student, good student, teen driver, and bundle discounts.
- GEICO discounts include membership and employees, air bags, five-year accident-free, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good student, accident-free, TimeAway discount, air bags, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and Steer into Savings.
- Nationwide has savings for Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, good student, multi-policy, easy pay, and accident-free.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
If you need inexpensive Nashville auto insurance quotes, ask each company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in Nashville. To see a list of auto insurance companies with the best Pontiac Grand Prix insurance discounts in Nashville, follow this link.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to the right insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- What does medical payments cover?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Pontiac Grand Prix?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Pontiac Grand Prix?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
What if I want to buy from local Nashville insurance agencies?
Some consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Nashville.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
When researching a good insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Nashville can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can sell affordable insurance policies, but we need to point out the subtle differences since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Nashville that may be able to give price quotes.
- Affordable Assurance Agency Inc
6202 Charlotte Pike # 1 – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 356-6700 – View Map
- Robins Insurance Agency, Inc.
30 Burton Hills Blvd #300 – Nashville, TN 37215 – (615) 665-9200 – View Map
- Chamberlain Insurance Agency
4741 Trousdale Dr #104 – Nashville, TN 37220 – (615) 922-2317 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents primarily because of loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Below are Nashville exclusive agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Jerry Matthews – State Farm Insurance Agent
2010 Old Murfreesboro Rd – Nashville, TN 37217 – (615) 361-1516 – View Map
- Michael Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
2817 West End Ave #209 – Nashville, TN 37203 – (615) 321-3388 – View Map
- Bobby Berry – State Farm Insurance Agent
703 Main St – Nashville, TN 37206 – (615) 271-2996 – View Map
Selecting a insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What companies can they write with?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How long has their agency been in business in Nashville?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Nashville?
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
People switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, poor customer service, questionable increases in premium or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
Some insurance providers may not offer online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies work with independent agents. Lower-priced Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Nashville can be sourced online and with local Nashville insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
When buying insurance coverage, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Much more information about car insurance in Tennessee is available at the links below
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Nashville? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)