If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find lower priced Pontiac Grand Am insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who sell insurance in Nashville. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like getting speeding tickets and a negative credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to help reduce prices and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that over 70% of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in Nashville can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rates and save money.
Finding cheaper auto insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. Consumers just need to spend a little time comparing price quotes online from several insurance companies.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Tennessee. If you want to find the best car insurance in Tennessee, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Affordable Pontiac Grand Am insurance in Nashville
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both the well known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can save you money because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Nashville car insurance quote.
- Distant Student – Older children who live away from home at college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up over the internet.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Nashville car insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will bring down your overall bill.
Larger insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, good student, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- American Family has discounts for good driver, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, early bird, bundled insurance, and air bags.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-car, education and occupation, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and good driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include driver training, seat belt use, anti-theft, multi-policy, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for good driver, low natural disaster claims, anti-theft, multi-car, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for distant student, mature driver, youthful driver, switch companies, early shopping, teen driver, and pay in full.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, and online signing.
When getting free Nashville car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Nashville. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Tennessee, click this link.
Auto insurance agents near you
Some consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local agents is important especially in Nashville.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you want to compare rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurer should depend on more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Nashville, get answers to these questions.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Tennessee?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
How You Can Control Pontiac Grand Am Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Occupation and insurance prices – Occupations like military personnel, air traffic controllers, and accountants generally pay higher premium rates attributed to intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations like scientists, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
Cheaper rates with high deductibles – Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Pontiac. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a broken side mirror, hitting a deer, and rolling your vehicle. Comp and collision deductibles tell how much you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Male costs may be higher – Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that females are better at driving than males. Both sexes get in fender benders in similar numbers, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Young men ages 16 to 20 are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
Accidents drive up prices – How you drive impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Getting just one ticket could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have received severe tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Rates impacted by vehicle usage – The more you drive each year the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy correctly shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Grand Am is just wasting money.
Insurance in Tennessee serves several purposes
Even though Nashville Grand Am insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is mandatory in Tennessee but it also protects more than you think.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, most banks will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Pontiac for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver overpays as much as $855 a year so compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do the work, save more money
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim, delays in paying claims and policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just covered many ideas to reduce Pontiac Grand Am insurance auto insurance rates online in Nashville. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best auto insurance rates are with the least-expected company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Nashville Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nashville Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Nashville, Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)