Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who compare other rates are likely to switch auto insurance companies because there is a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey found that drivers who compared prices once a year saved as much as $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance is your ultimate target, then having some insight into the best ways to find and compare insurance can make the process more efficient.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers in Nashville. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as careless driving and a substandard credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Cheapest companies for Oldsmobile Bravada insurance
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Tennessee. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Don’t overlook these Oldsmobile Bravada insurance discounts
Some providers don’t list every discount they offer very clearly, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current Bravada insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few car insurance companies.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a course teaching defensive driver skills may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Larger car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, passive restraint, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-vehicle, seat belt use, defensive driver, air bags, federal employee, and daytime running lights.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- 21st Century has discounts for anti-lock brakes, early bird, defensive driver, teen driver, automatic seat belts, homeowners, and theft prevention.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, good driver, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, air bag, bundle, and driver training.
- AAA offers premium reductions for AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-car, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
Double check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To see providers that offer multiple discounts in Nashville, follow this link.
Comparing rates from local Nashville car insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Nashville who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- How are they compensated?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
When researching a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Nashville are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ because it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive agents work for only one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Nashville who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Phil Hardeman – State Farm Insurance Agent
3708 Nolensville Rd c – Nashville, TN 37211 – (615) 832-0630 – View Map
- Gail Hughes – State Farm Insurance Agent
2592 Murfreesboro Pike b – Nashville, TN 37217 – (615) 361-1906 – View Map
- Roy Arnold – State Farm Insurance Agent
2600 Lebanon Pike a – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 871-0663 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Nashville that are able to give price quote information.
- Affordable Insurance Agency
3225 Gallatin Pike – Nashville, TN 37216 – (615) 645-1900 – View Map
- Mills Insurance
4525 Harding Pike Ste 244 – Nashville, TN 37205 – (615) 620-4452 – View Map
- Varallo Insurance Agency
296 White Bridge Pike – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 352-5747 – View Map
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Cheaper insurance in Nashville can be bought both online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
You just read many ideas to save on Oldsmobile Bravada insurance in Nashville. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Nashville car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices come from a smaller regional carrier.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like high prices, delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
More learning opportunities
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Nashville Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nashville Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nashville Auto Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)