Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for low-cost Nissan Frontier insurance in Nashville? Trying to find better insurance prices for a Nissan Frontier in Tennessee can be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online and you need to know the best way to get price quotes for your Nissan and get the best price possible either online or from Nashville insurance agents.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons at least once a year because insurance rates change quite often. Even if you got the lowest rate on Nissan Frontier insurance in Nashville six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to get good coverage on Nissan Frontier insurance in Nashville at a lower rate.
The best way we recommend to compare policy rates for Nissan Frontier insurance in Nashville is to know the trick auto insurance companies have advanced systems to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide a little information such as whether you are single or married, level of coverage desired, whether you have decent credit, and if you lease or own. That rating information is then submitted to many highly-rated insurers and you receive quotes very quickly.
To compare multiple company lower-cost Nissan Frontier insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Nashville.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Nashville, TN. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Nashville insurance discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise every available discount very well, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Nashville auto insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Nashville could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Early Switch Discount – Select insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current Frontier insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Nissan can qualify you for lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Frontier yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rates are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, passive restraint, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, and good student.
- Travelers may include discounts for continuous insurance, student away at school, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, and early quote.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good student, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, air bags, good driver, and bundled insurance.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for newly retired, teen driver discount, newly married, new graduate, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, and good student.
When getting free Nashville auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Nashville. If you would like to view insurance companies with the best Nissan Frontier insurance discounts in Tennessee, follow this link.
Statistics and details
The rate information below covers estimates of rate quotes for Nissan Frontier models. Learning more about how auto insurance policy rates are formulated can be of help when making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Frontier XE King Cab 2WD||$88||$200||$408||$24||$122||$842||$70|
|Frontier SE King Cab 2WD||$104||$200||$408||$24||$122||$858||$72|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 2WD||$104||$244||$408||$24||$122||$902||$75|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 2WD||$118||$244||$408||$24||$122||$916||$76|
|Frontier LE King Cab 2WD||$118||$244||$408||$24||$122||$916||$76|
|Frontier SE King Cab 4WD||$118||$200||$326||$20||$98||$762||$64|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 2WD||$118||$288||$408||$24||$122||$960||$80|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 2WD||$118||$288||$408||$24||$122||$960||$80|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD||$118||$244||$326||$20||$98||$806||$67|
|Frontier LE King Cab 4WD||$134||$244||$326||$20||$98||$822||$69|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$134||$244||$326||$20||$98||$822||$69|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$134||$244||$326||$20||$98||$822||$69|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 4WD||$134||$244||$326||$20||$98||$822||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise coverage prices noticeably.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Nissan Frontier insurance rates for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Informed Drivers Know How to Buy Auto Insurance at a Discount
Many factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although others are more transparent like where you live or your vehicle rating. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the elements that help determine auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you cheaper rates.
Shown below are most of the major factors used by companies to determine rates.
Inexpensive frequent policy claims are not good – Companies in Tennessee generally give lower rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is designed for the large, substantial claims.
Premiums are affected by your credit history – A driver’s credit rating factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Nissan Frontier by improving your credit score.
Prices and your address – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims. People who live in big cities have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The type of car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. Lower cost passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The following data assumes a married male driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Nissan Frontier car insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have different performance rating factors.
Fewer miles means better premiums – The more miles you rack up on your Nissan in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage, because it can save money. Having the wrong rating on your Frontier can result in significantly higher rates.
Loss probability for a Nissan Frontier – Companies use data from past claims to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table shows the historical loss data for Nissan Frontier vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 2WD||57||64|
|Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 4WD||64||95||78|
|Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 2WD||77||97||67||106||87||98|
|Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 4WD||71||95||76||70||79||85|
|Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 2WD||73||110||71||89||87||117|
|Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 4WD||68||80||63||56|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I talk to an agent?
Some people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find better rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important especially in Nashville.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Nashville who will give you quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Nashville can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can write car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you get quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Nashville who can help you get rate quotes.
- Fridrich, Pinson and Associates Insurance Agency
3825 Bedford Ave #203 – Nashville, TN 37215 – (615) 327-0105 – View Map
- Eby Insurance
65 Parris Ave – Nashville, TN 37210 – (615) 254-8343 – View Map
- Affordable Assurance Agency Inc
6202 Charlotte Pike # 1 – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 356-6700 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents partially due to high brand loyalty rather than low price.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Nashville willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Royce Williams
5517 Charlotte Pike – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 356-4800 – View Map
- Barbara Stewart – State Farm Insurance Agent
3055 Lebanon Pike #2103 – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 391-5300 – View Map
- Jeff Summers – State Farm Insurance Agent
336 21st Ave N – Nashville, TN 37203 – (615) 320-3016 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Nashville?
Quote. Compare. Save.
While you’re price shopping online, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver and high prices. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
Cost effective Nissan Frontier insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents.
How to find more affordable Nissan Frontier insurance in Nashville
The preferred way to get the cheapest Nissan Frontier insurance in Nashville is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Tennessee.
- Step 1: Read and learn about coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and bad credit can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Nashville. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Nashville Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nashville Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Nashville? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)