Statistics show that the vast majority of auto insurance customers in Tennessee have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could cut their rates by about 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to shop around.
Really, the only way to find affordable Nissan GT-R insurance is to compare prices once a year from companies in Nashville.
First, read and learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that cause high rates like at-fault accidents and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. Once the application is submitted, place the new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
If you have coverage now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to lower your rates without reducing protection. Our goal is to teach you a little about the most effective ways to compare rates and some money-saving tips. Smart shoppers just need to learn the most efficient way to quote multiple rates online.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Tennessee. In order to find the best cheap car insurance in Tennessee, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Nashville insurance discounts for a Nissan GT-R
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before they will apply.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current GT-R insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Nashville auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total GT-R insurance premium.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The example below compares Nissan GT-R car insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may include discounts for emergency military deployment, driver training, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, good student, membership and employees, and military active duty.
- USAA includes discounts for safe driver, loyalty savings, vehicle storage, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- American Family has discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, air bags, accident-free, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance has savings for Switch & Save, online shopper, DriveSense, homeowner, claim free, and safety device.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for switch companies, bundle discounts, business and professional, homeowner, early shopping, and mature driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for defensive driving training, passive restraint, safe vehicle, accident-free, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not apply in Nashville. To view companies with discount car insurance rates in Nashville, click this link.
Nissan GT-R detailed coverage information
The rate table displayed below showcases a range of insurance policy prices for Nissan GT-R models. Having a good grasp of how insurance prices are formulated can help drivers make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|GT-R Premium AWD 2-Dr||$256||$614||$258||$16||$78||$1,222||$102|
|GT-R AWD 2-Dr||$256||$614||$258||$16||$78||$1,222||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise premium rates substantially.
Nissan GT-R liability rates compared to full coverage
The diagram below shows the difference between Nissan GT-R car insurance rates with and without full coverage. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive guideline for dropping full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Nissan GT-R replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $500 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Comparing prices from local Nashville insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to companies in Nashville that can provide free Nashville auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer is decision based upon more than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- How long has their agency been in business in Nashville?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
Different types of Nashville car insurance agents
If you would like to find an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agents in Nashville are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences because it can influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive extensive training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to use the same agent mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
The following are Nashville exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Marvin Cook – State Farm Insurance Agent
308 Donelson Pike – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 391-4966 – View Map
- Eric Osborne – State Farm Insurance Agent
2301 21st Ave S #350 – Nashville, TN 37212 – (615) 837-9000 – View Map
- Michael Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
2817 West End Ave #209 – Nashville, TN 37203 – (615) 321-3388 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. When comparison shopping, we recommend you get rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most can insure with small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Nashville willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: April Bowers Agency Inc
211 Donelson Pike #8 – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 883-8183 – View Map
- Prince Insurance Agency, Inc.
1101 Kermit Dr #205 – Nashville, TN 37217 – (615) 823-6987 – View Map
- Chamberlain Insurance Agency
4741 Trousdale Dr #104 – Nashville, TN 37220 – (615) 922-2317 – View Map
If you get reasonable responses to any questions you may have as well as affordable Nissan GT-R insurance rates in Nashville quotes, you may have found an insurance agency that can be trusted to adequately provide auto insurance.
Smart Consumers Know How to Find Insurance at a Discount
It’s important that you understand the factors that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could help you find better insurance rates.
The following are some of the most common factors that factor into your prices.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – The majority of insurers will give discounts to customers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to compare Nissan GT-R rates in Nashville to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a chance you can find better rates even if you insure with multiple companies
- Policy add-ons add up – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your insurance policy. Things like roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing initially, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
Traffic violations will cost you – Even one ticket could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to prove financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The example below shows how violations and at-fault claims can drive up Nissan GT-R insurance premiums for each age group. The costs are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
With age comes lower rates – Young drivers in Tennessee are known to be less responsible with other occupants in the car so insurance rates are higher. Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
The next chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Commute or pleasure use – The higher the miles on your Nissan annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. Make sure your vehicle rating reflects the correct driver usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your GT-R can cost quite a bit.
- Don’t cut corners with liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage when you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Nissan GT-R insurance loss probability – Auto insurance companies use claims history to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The data below shows the historical loss data for Nissan GT-R vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan GT-R Vehicles Specific Nissan Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan GT-R 2dr 4WD 373 82 317BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need Nissan GT-R insurance in Tennessee
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Nissan GT-R in Nashville, paying for insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan GT-R has a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Nissan at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your GT-R more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Tennessee overpays as much as $800 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Ratings for Nashville car insurance companies
Ending up with the highest-rated insurance company is difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Nashville. The company rank data shown next can help you analyze which auto insurance companies to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Cheap Nissan GT-R insurance in Nashville can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Nashville agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured dropped liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests, high prices or extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is actually quite simple.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Active Military in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Immigrants in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)