We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who shop rates annually are inclined to move their business because there are good odds of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved over $865 a year as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If saving the most money on GMC Yukon insurance is your objective, then having a good understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance premiums can save time and money.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find lower priced GMC Yukon insurance in Nashville is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Tennessee. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
First, spend some time learning about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to get lower rates and find overlooked discounts.
Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources. Find a Nashville insurance agent
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Yukon insurance in Nashville. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, notify your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. As soon as you can, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
The fastest way that we advise to get policy rate comparisons for GMC Yukon insurance in Nashville is to know the fact auto insurance companies allow for online access to give free rates quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them some information such as the ages of drivers, how much education you have, whether you are single or married, and if you have a valid license. The data is sent automatically to many of the top insurers and they respond with quotes instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Nashville, TN. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a GMC Yukon in Nashville, insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your GMC, most banks will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your GMC at a more expensive rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your GMC gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Yukon are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $855 a year so we recommend shopping around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
GMC Yukon coverage statistics
The premium information below highlights different coverage prices for GMC Yukon models. Learning a little about how rates are formulated can help you make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yukon SLE 2WD||$242||$440||$326||$20||$98||$1,126||$94|
|Yukon SLE 4WD||$242||$440||$326||$20||$98||$1,126||$94|
|Yukon SLT 2WD||$242||$440||$326||$20||$98||$1,126||$94|
|Yukon SLT 4WD||$268||$440||$326||$20||$98||$1,152||$96|
|Yukon Denali 2WD||$268||$518||$326||$20||$98||$1,230||$103|
|Yukon Denali 4WD||$268||$518||$326||$20||$98||$1,230||$103|
|Yukon Hybrid 2WD||$268||$596||$368||$22||$110||$1,364||$114|
|Yukon Hybrid 4WD||$268||$596||$368||$22||$110||$1,364||$114|
|Yukon Hybrid Denali 2WD||$296||$674||$368||$22||$110||$1,470||$123|
|Yukon Hybrid Denali 4WD||$296||$674||$368||$22||$110||$1,470||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific Nashville garaging location which can lower or raise premiums greatly.
Insurance premiums based on gender
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of GMC Yukon auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of GMC Yukon car insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The premiums assume no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set rule to stop buying full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your GMC Yukon replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Save a ton by earning discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and the more hidden auto insurance savings.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings when getting a Nashville car insurance quote.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower premium rates if you buy life insurance.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a driver safety class could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Online Discount – Some auto insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the internet.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save a little off the medical payments premium.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will help lower the premium cost.
The information below illustrates the comparison of GMC Yukon insurance premiums with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
For a list of insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Nashville, click here to view.
When to talk to an insurance agent
A small number of people would rather buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find better rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Nashville who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Tennessee?
- Is there a local claims center in Nashville?
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you need to find a local Nashville insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Nashville can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can sell and service insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know why they differ since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents partially due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are Nashville exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Wally Knox – State Farm Insurance Agent
5110 Delaware Ave – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 297-3527 – View Map
- Adam Darby – State Farm Insurance Agent
7041 Hwy 70 S #101 – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 869-7600 – View Map
- Jordan Drake – State Farm Insurance Agent
345 Harrison St – Nashville, TN 37219 – (615) 826-1200 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they can write business through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to include multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Shown below are Nashville independent agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Eric Jans Insurance Agency
1805 Ordway Pl – Nashville, TN 37206 – (615) 478-7146 – View Map
- Sturdivant Insurance
1400 Forrest Ave – Nashville, TN 37206 – (615) 943-4962 – View Map
- Manning Agency
104 Woodmont Blvd – Nashville, TN 37205 – (615) 383-6700 – View Map
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- When should I not file a claim?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
One last note
More affordable auto insurance in Nashville can be sourced from both online companies in addition to many Nashville insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don’t offer price quotes online and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can shop for GMC Yukon insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with an unexpected company.
More detailed auto insurance information is located in these articles:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Nashville Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nashville Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nashville Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Active Military in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)