It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable Acura RDX insurance in Nashville is to compare prices once a year from companies who sell auto insurance in Tennessee. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like careless driving and a negative credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the newly selected company. Once received, safely store the certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
One piece of advice is to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of car insurance policyholders have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. Tennessee drivers could save $500 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to do a rate comparison.
Detailed insurance information
The coverage table displayed next showcases estimates of insurance costs for Acura RDX models. Understanding more about how insurance policy rates are established can be valuable when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$150||$314||$320||$18||$96||$898||$75|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$150||$314||$320||$18||$96||$898||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can alter prices significantly.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Acura RDX premium costs for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Male drivers compared to female drivers
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Acura RDX insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Acura RDX insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no clear-cut rule to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Acura RDX claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $700 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
How You Can Control Acura RDX Insurance Costs
Many different elements are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- Married people drive safer – Getting married may cut your premiums when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more stable financially and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- More miles driven equals more premium – The more you drive in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars left parked in the garage cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance declarations sheet reflects the correct usage. An improperly rated RDX may be wasting your money.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are a lot of additional extra coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Things like personal injury protection, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Insurance companies in Tennessee award cheaper rates to people who are claim-free. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Safer cars save money – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates.
Driver age impacts costs – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Drivers with little experience tend to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Never let your policy expire – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a fast way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Tennessee department of motor vehicles.
Insurance losses for an Acura RDX – Companies study historical loss data to help determine rates. Vehicles that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates.
The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Acura RDX vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentages above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Acura RDX Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RDX 4dr 2WD 64 75 57 67 67 71 Acura RDX 4dr 4WD 68 79 79 68 66 60BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with the right auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Tennessee. The company ratings listed below may help you choose which auto insurance companies to look at buying from.
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
Cheaper insurance prices are available
When getting Nashville car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an insured cut full coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to save on Acura RDX insurance in Nashville. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.