It’s amazing but most Tennessee car insurance customers have been with the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Drivers in America could save nearly $859 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to quote cheaper Mazda CX-7 insurance in Nashville is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Tennessee. This can be done by following these steps.
- Spend some time learning about how insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as your driving record and a not-so-good credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for additional ideas to get lower rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View prices
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on CX-7 insurance in Nashville. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Once received, place the new proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to try to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Car insurance providers offering competitive price quotes in Tennessee
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Tennessee. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the lowest price.
Rates and detailed analysis
The premium information shown next outlines a range of prices for Mazda CX-7 models. Having a good grasp of how insurance prices are formulated can be useful when making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-7 SV 2WD||$142||$258||$278||$16||$82||$776||$65|
|CX-7 Sport 2WD||$160||$258||$278||$16||$82||$794||$66|
|CX-7 Touring 2WD||$160||$258||$278||$16||$82||$794||$66|
|CX-7 Touring 4WD||$160||$304||$278||$16||$82||$840||$70|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 2WD||$178||$304||$278||$16||$82||$858||$72|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 4WD||$178||$304||$278||$16||$82||$858||$72|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in Nashville location which can increase or decrease price quotes noticeably.
Cautious drivers save money
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders can raise Mazda CX-7 insurance premiums for different insured age categories. The data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Mazda CX-7 annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. The rates are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There isn’t a written rule to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Mazda CX-7 claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Affordable Nashville insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurers don’t always list every policy discount very well, so we researched some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive a small discount on rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on CX-7 insurance in Nashville.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Mazda CX-7 insurance rates in Nashville.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Nashville car insurance quote.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The illustration below compares Mazda CX-7 premium costs with and without discounts applied. The prices are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few companies that may offer most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Nashville. For a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Tennessee, click here to view.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to your policy for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Tennessee?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- What policy terms are available?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Some consumers still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Nashville who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
Different types of car insurance agents in Nashville
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can choose from. Nashville agents can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the differences since it can affect which agent you choose.
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Nashville that can give you price quotes.
- Wally Knox – State Farm Insurance Agent
5110 Delaware Ave – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 297-3527 – View Map
- Jerry Matthews – State Farm Insurance Agent
2010 Old Murfreesboro Rd – Nashville, TN 37217 – (615) 361-1516 – View Map
- Heather Farmer State Farm Insurance
6592 TN-100 Suite 2 – Nashville, TN 37205 – (615) 356-6503 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part.
If you need lower rates, you will want to contact at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
Shown below are Nashville independent agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Zander Insurance Group
6213 Charlotte Pike – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 356-1700 – View Map
- Spann Agency
710 Thompson Ln – Nashville, TN 37204 – (615) 383-8000 – View Map
- Chamberlain Insurance Agency
4741 Trousdale Dr #104 – Nashville, TN 37220 – (615) 922-2317 – View Map
The coverage is in the details
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills for things like nursing services, dental work, prosthetic devices, chiropractic care and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage covers damage to your CX-7 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as backing into a parked car, hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your CX-7 to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Mazda CX-7.
Due to the fact that many Tennessee drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/15), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass, theft and damage from flooding. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
This coverage can cover damage that occurs to people or other property. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 25/50/15 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $15,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims like medical expenses, legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Tennessee requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not be enough.
One last thing to lower rates
When getting Nashville car insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped collision coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Nashville is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Nashville insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not offer online rate quotes and these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, delays in responding to claim requests, high prices or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nashville Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)