The best way to get budget auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Nashville.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of policy coverages and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like careless driving and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to the newly selected company. Be sure to keep the new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who do rate comparisons will probably buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved $70 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding low prices for insurance is your ultimate goal, then learning a little about how to shop for auto insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Nashville is really quite easy. If you have a current car insurance policy, you should be able to cut your premiums using the tips covered below. Consumers just have to learn the quickest method to compare company rates from many companies at once.
Finding more affordable Lincoln MKZ insurance prices can be surprisingly simple. You just have to spend a little time comparing free Nashville auto insurance quotes online from several insurance companies.
Getting price quotes online is very simple and it makes it obsolete to call or drive to and from local Nashville insurance agencies. Shopping for insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the professional guidance of a local agency. It is possible with some companies find lower rates online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Tennessee. If you wish to find the best car insurance in TN, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Nashville insurance discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but companies offer discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but a few must be manually applied before being credited.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with one company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Nashville auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies give discounts for switching to them before your current MKZ insurance policy expires. You may see this discount when you get Nashville auto insurance quotes online.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln MKZ car insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
To find companies with the best Lincoln MKZ insurance discounts in Nashville in Tennessee, click this link.
Insurance data for a Lincoln MKZ
The coverage table below showcases different prices for Lincoln MKZ models. Knowing how auto insurance premiums are formulated is important for drivers to make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKZ 4-Dr Sedan||$172||$394||$440||$26||$132||$1,164||$97|
|MKZ AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$172||$394||$440||$26||$132||$1,164||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Nashville garaging location which can decrease or increase insurance rates significantly.
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Lincoln MKZ yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The information is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Careless driving habits raise Nashville insurance rates
The example below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims can drive up Lincoln MKZ auto insurance costs for each different age category. The rates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The information below illustrates the comparison of Lincoln MKZ auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data is based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no exact rule to stop buying full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Lincoln MKZ claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Compare prices but buy from a local Nashville insurance agency
Certain consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices and also buy local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Nashville?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
When researching a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Insurance policy providers can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can sell insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference between them because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Nashville who may provide you with price quotes.
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing insurance prices, we highly recommend that you include a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Nashville willing to provide rate quotes.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Nashville
Multiple criteria are considered when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although others are more transparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine your premiums.
- No policy lapses saves money – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a quick way to bump up your car insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Tennessee motor vehicle department.
Teenage drivers pay high costs – Youthful drivers in Tennessee are statistically shown to be more careless in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The following data uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Get better rates if married – Having a wife or husband may save some money on your car insurance policy. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Higher rates for specific occupations – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers such as military generals, police officers, and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates due to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other occupations such as professors, historians and retirees receive lower rates.
Lincoln MKZ claim probability – Insurers analyze claim trends for every vehicle to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that the data shows to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have increased rates. The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Lincoln MKZ vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Lincoln MKZ Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKZ 4dr 2WD 137 85 107 95 89 75 Lincoln MKZ 4dr 4WD 140 82 126 99 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr 148 84 100 74 82 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lincoln MKZ in Nashville, buying insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your MKZ, almost all lenders will require that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves your Lincoln MKZ and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your MKZ more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $800 each year so you should quote rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Compare rates regularly to save
When searching for low cost Nashville auto insurance quotes, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheap Lincoln MKZ insurance in Nashville can be sourced from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies may not offer online quoting and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Nashville Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Nashville? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)