If you want to save the most money, the best way to quote cheaper car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in Nashville. You can shop around by following these steps.
First, gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as distracted driving and a bad credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. This article provides information to help reduce prices and find missing discounts.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies. View companies
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Nashville. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who shop for lower rates are very likely to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent car insurance study revealed that people who routinely compared quotes saved as much as $865 annually compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price for auto insurance in Nashville is your goal, knowing the best way to shop and compare coverages can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If you already have coverage or are just looking to switch companies, use these techniques to buy cheaper insurance and possibly find even better coverage. Getting quotes for affordable coverage in Nashville is not as confusing as people think. You only need to know the proper way to find the lowest price instantly.
Reducing your Kia Borrego insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. You just need to take time to compare rate quotes from some recommended companies.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Nashville, TN. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Kia Borrego insurance in Nashville
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even know about. Most are applied when you get a quote, but a few must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a course in defensive driving is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate and Progressive allow you one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Distant Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Nashville and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- E-sign Discounts – A few car insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy over the internet.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because it requires personal responsibility.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Borrego insurance in Nashville.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Larger car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- American Family has savings for good student, accident-free, TimeAway discount, air bags, multi-vehicle, and mySafetyValet.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, multiple policy, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, good student, driver’s education, and defensive driving training.
- 21st Century may include discounts for driver training, 55 and older, defensive driver, good student, air bags, and student driver.
- Travelers has discounts for driver training, payment discounts, new car, IntelliDrive, and student away at school.
- GEICO may have discounts that include air bags, seat belt use, driver training, military active duty, good student, and daytime running lights.
Double check with every company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not apply in your area.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
Shown below are most of the major factors used by companies to determine prices.
Incidental coverages that may not be needed – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
Alarms and GPS tracking lowers premiums – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder auto theft and help lower rates.
Never go without car insurance – Driving without insurance is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Tennessee motor vehicle department.
The more you drive the more you pay – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the higher your rate. Most insurance companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle. A policy that improperly rates your Borrego is throwing money out the window.
Safeguard your assets with liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you if you are found to be at fault for an accident. It will provide for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Minor frequent insurance claims are not good – Insurance companies in Tennessee award most affordable rates to people who are claim-free. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – The majority of insurers apply a discount for people who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a chance you can find a better deal even if you insure with multiple companies
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Nashville insurance agents?
A small number of people still like to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Nashville who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an insurer requires you to look at more than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Auto insurance agents in Nashville come in two varieties
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents in Nashville are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can handle auto insurance, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are Nashville exclusive insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Lester McClain – State Farm Insurance Agent
2209 Crestmoor Rd #200 – Nashville, TN 37215 – (615) 383-0449 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
14981 Old Hickory Boulevard – Nashville, TN 37211 – (615) 376-2969 – View Map
- Jordan Drake – State Farm Insurance Agent
345 Harrison St – Nashville, TN 37219 – (615) 826-1200 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to compare prices from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with less well-known companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are Nashville independent agents willing to provide price quotes.
- Tri-City Insurance Agency
4400 Nolensville Pike – Nashville, TN 37211 – (615) 331-0770 – View Map
- Chamberlain Insurance Agency
4741 Trousdale Dr #104 – Nashville, TN 37220 – (615) 922-2317 – View Map
- Robins Insurance Agency, Inc.
30 Burton Hills Blvd #300 – Nashville, TN 37215 – (615) 665-9200 – View Map
If you get good answers as well as offering an affordable quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that meets the criteria to adequately provide auto insurance. Just keep in mind consumers can cancel your coverage whenever you wish so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with any particular company with no way out.
Persistence pays off
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheaper Kia Borrego insurance in Nashville is available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Nashville, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can find lower-cost Kia Borrego insurance in Nashville. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Nashville auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available by following these links:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)