If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Hyundai Accent insurance in Nashville is to do a yearly price comparison from companies that insure vehicles in Tennessee. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, accidents and your credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Click to view companies
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new policy. Once received, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Shockingly, a large majority of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Tennessee drivers could pocket approximately 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched.
The purpose of this article is to let you in on the best ways to compare prices and some money-saving tips. If you’re already insured, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the tips covered below. Smart buyers only need an understanding of the tricks to find the lowest price online from multiple companies.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Many things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but others are more transparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
- Big cities mean more claims – Having an address in a small town is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Urban drivers regularly have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road means more chance of being in an accident.
- Lower rates with alarm systems – Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
- Being married brings a discount – Being married may save some money when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more responsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The cheapest rates tend to be for smaller low performance passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The chart below is based on a single female driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Hyundai Accent rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of risk factors.
Hyundai Accent claim probability – Insurers use historical loss data when determining insurance rates. Models that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher premium rates. The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Hyundai Accent vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Hyundai Accent Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Accent 98 109 89 129 129 133BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Rates and information analytics
The rate table below covers estimates of coverage costs for Hyundai Accent models. Knowing how rates are determined is important to be able to make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accent Blue 2-Dr Hatchback||$88||$190||$278||$16||$84||$656||$55|
|Accent GS 2-Dr Hatchback||$104||$232||$278||$16||$84||$714||$60|
|Accent GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$104||$274||$368||$22||$110||$878||$73|
|Accent SE 2-Dr Hatchback||$118||$314||$278||$16||$84||$810||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can change premiums considerably.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Nashville car insurance online.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better prices.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Club Memberships – Joining certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Hyundai can qualify you for better car insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a lower premium rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims before the accident.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Accent auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data assumes a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- GEICO has discounts for defensive driver, driver training, military active duty, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, and federal employee.
- USAA offers discounts for multi-vehicle, loyalty savings, family discount, driver training, and new vehicle.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, and online signing.
- American Family discounts include accident-free, air bags, bundled insurance, early bird, Steer into Savings, and good student.
- Esurance may include discounts for multi-policy, paid-in-full, safety device, homeowner, defensive driver, and Switch & Save.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include homeowner, multi-car, alternative fuel, business and professional, pay in full, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, defensive driving training, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
If you are trying to find affordable Nashville car insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to save on Hyundai Accent insurance in Nashville. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Nashville car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high prices, unfair underwriting practices, being labeled a high risk driver or extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is easier than you think.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Nashville? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Nashville, Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nashville Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nashville Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nashville Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)