It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who compare rates at least once a year will probably move their business because of the high probability of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey found that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved approximately $860 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the most affordable insurance is your objective, learning how to get price quotes and compare insurance can save time and make the process easier.
The most effective way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Nashville.
- Try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives instructions to help keep prices low and find hidden discounts.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper SC 430 coverage is available in Nashville. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. Make sure you place your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using the ideas you’re about to read. Quoting and buying the most affordable car insurance coverage in Nashville can be fairly easy. Although Tennessee vehicle owners must understand how the larger insurance companies determine prices and take advantage of how the system works.
When looking for affordable Lexus SC 430 insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare prices from local Nashville auto insurance companies. By far the easiest way to do a complete rate comparison is to use the internet to compare rates. Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies helps improve the odds of finding more affordable rates. Not every company allows you to get online Nashville SC 430 insurance quotes, so it’s important to also get price quotes from those companies as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Nashville, TN. To buy the best car insurance in Tennessee, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance statistics for a Lexus SC 430
The premium table shown below covers different insurance premium costs for Lexus SC 430 models. Learning how insurance prices are figured can be valuable when making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SC 430 2-Dr Convertible||$228||$428||$252||$14||$76||$998||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates greatly.
Driving violations and accidents
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and accidents drive up Lexus SC 430 insurance costs for each age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Lexus SC 430 insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Tennessee. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no specific rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Lexus SC 430 settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list every possible discount very clearly, so the following list contains both the well known and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Nashville auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on SC 430 insurance in Nashville.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Nashville may earn you a small savings because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The information below illustrates the difference between Lexus SC 430 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies who may offer these money-saving discounts are:
Double check with each company to apply every possible discount. Some credits might not be offered on policies in every state. For a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Nashville, click here to view.
Why you need insurance for your Lexus SC 430
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Lexus SC 430 with a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lexus at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Lexus SC 430. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $850 per year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Best car insurance in Nashville
Ending up with a good quality auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices you have in Tennessee. The ranking information shown below could help you decide which auto insurers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Nashville.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Best car insurance agent in Nashville
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agents are either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from several independent agencies to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agencies in Nashville who may be able to give you price quotes.
- Varallo Insurance Agency
296 White Bridge Pike – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 352-5747 – View Map
- Tri-City Insurance Agency
4400 Nolensville Pike – Nashville, TN 37211 – (615) 331-0770 – View Map
- Eric Jans Insurance Agency
1805 Ordway Pl – Nashville, TN 37206 – (615) 478-7146 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently use the same agent primarily because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Nashville that can give you price quote information.
- Roy Arnold – State Farm Insurance Agent
2600 Lebanon Pike a – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 871-0663 – View Map
- Mike Maclean – State Farm Insurance Agent
3922 Gallatin Pike – Nashville, TN 37216 – (615) 891-1241 – View Map
- Holly Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
8010 TN-100 – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 662-1551 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Does their agency support local causes in Nashville?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Where are claims handled?
If you get good responses for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that will properly service your insurance policy. Just be aware that you are entitled to terminate coverage for any reason so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with any particular company for any length of time.