The most effective way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Nashville is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Tennessee.
- First, read and learn about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like distracted driving and a low credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. Don’t forget to place the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
Sad but true, most consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,376, Tennessee drivers can save almost 35% each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they changed companies.
Finding a lower price on insurance can be relatively painless. Consumers just need to invest a little time to get quotes to discover which company has cheaper Nashville auto insurance quotes.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Tennessee. To locate cheap auto insurance in Tennessee, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Fiat 124 Spider in Nashville, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Fiat has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Fiat at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Fiat 124 Spider and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Fiat as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver overpays more than $869 every year so compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
How You Can Control Fiat 124 Spider Insurance Prices
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower auto insurance prices.
- Performance affects insurance prices – The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a big difference in your premium level. The cheapest insurance rates are for the lowest performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on auto insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Accidents will cost you – Having just one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have received serious citations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- Liability coverage risk factors – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection if you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Do you have a high stress vocation? – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs such as military personnel, social workers, and dentists generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from high stress and lengthy work days. Other jobs like actors, students and homemakers get better rates.
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Companies do not list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on auto insurance.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current 124 Spider insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Auto insurance companies that may offer these benefits are:
When quoting, ask each insurance company the best way to save money. Savings might not be offered in every state. To see providers with the best discounts in Nashville, click here to view.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different and your car insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- What is the ISO rating for a Fiat 124 Spider?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Who are their largest clients?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Nashville for you
If you would like to find local Nashville agents, there are two different agency structures that you can choose from. Agencies in Nashville can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can write car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the differences since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Nashville who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Michael Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
2817 West End Ave #209 – Nashville, TN 37203 – (615) 321-3388 – View Map
- Barbara Stewart – State Farm Insurance Agent
3055 Lebanon Pike #2103 – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 391-5300 – View Map
- Roy Arnold – State Farm Insurance Agent
2600 Lebanon Pike a – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 871-0663 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, we recommend you contact a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Nashville that can give you rate quotes.
- Spann Agency
710 Thompson Ln – Nashville, TN 37204 – (615) 383-8000 – View Map
- Goldstein Insurance Agency
125 #203b Suite, 102 Belle Forest Cir – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 673-2727 – View Map
- Zander Insurance Group
6213 Charlotte Pike – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 356-1700 – View Map
Ratings for Tennessee auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the best insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Nashville. The ranking data shown next may help you analyze which providers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
Cheap coverage is out there
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We just presented a lot of techniques to shop for Fiat 124 Spider insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Nashville auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)