Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for low-cost Volvo S80 insurance in Nashville? Searching for the cheapest insurance for a new or used Volvo S80 in Tennessee could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to find car insurance online so we’re going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage for a new or used Volvo and locate the cheapest rates from both online companies and Nashville agents.
It’s important to get comparison quotes as often as possible because prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the lowest rates on Volvo S80 insurance in Nashville two years ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about S80 insurance out there, but I’m going to show you some of the best ways to find affordable car insurance in Nashville.
Getting cheaper Volvo S80 car insurance pricing is a great way to save money. You just need to take a couple of minutes to compare rate quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Nashville, TN. To get cheap auto insurance in Tennessee, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Discounts for affordable auto insurance quotes
Companies don’t list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Nashville auto insurance online.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Nashville can earn you a little savings because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could earn lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Volvo S80 premium costs with and without discounts. The costs are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
For a list of insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Tennessee, click this link.
Car insurance analysis for a Volvo S80
The coverage information below outlines different insurance policy prices for Volvo S80 models. Having knowledge of how insurance policy premiums are formulated can help guide drivers when making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S80 T6 AWD||$218||$434||$278||$16||$82||$1,028||$86|
|S80 Executive AWD||$218||$490||$278||$16||$82||$1,084||$90|
|S80 V8 AWD||$242||$490||$278||$16||$82||$1,108||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can impact premium rates significantly.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The example below compares Volvo S80 auto insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Tennessee minimum liability coverage. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no written rule of when to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volvo S80 settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing in excess of $200 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Can’t I compare rates from local Nashville insurance agencies?
Some people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from small agencies is important particularly in Nashville.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Two different types of car insurance agents
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can handle car insurance, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, you will want to contact at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a small list of independent agencies in Nashville that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Gaffney Insurance Agency and Financial Services LLC
946 Jefferson St #103 – Nashville, TN 37208 – (615) 733-3133 – View Map
- Eric Jans Insurance Agency
1805 Ordway Pl – Nashville, TN 37206 – (615) 478-7146 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Eric Pirtle Insurance Agency
2630 Old Lebanon Rd – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 889-3640 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Nashville who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Wally Knox – State Farm Insurance Agent
5110 Delaware Ave – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 297-3527 – View Map
- Mike Maclean – State Farm Insurance Agent
3922 Gallatin Pike – Nashville, TN 37216 – (615) 891-1241 – View Map
- Phill Pharr – State Farm Insurance Agent
5814 Nolensville Pike #108 – Nashville, TN 37211 – (615) 832-0897 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- If they are an independent agency in Nashville, which companies do they recommend?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Nashville?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
Volvo S80 Insurance Prices Can Be Cheaper
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in better auto insurance rates.
The itemized list below are a few of the things auto insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
Gender and auto insurance – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Males and females are responsible for accidents in similar numbers, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Males from age 16 to 21 cause the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
The illustration below compares Volvo S80 insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Rates are affected by your address – Residing in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims. People who live in big cities have to deal with more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Spending more time driving can result in more accidents.
Costs impacted by vehicle usage – The more you drive your Volvo each year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. Improper usage on your S80 may be costing you. Double check that your auto insurance coverage reflects the correct usage.
Liability insurance is peace of mind – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you when you are determined to be liable for an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Low physical damage deductibles can be expensive – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your Volvo. Some coverage claims are a broken side mirror, damage from fire, and having your car stolen. Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more money you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Excellent credit scores equal low costs – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. If your credit can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Volvo S80 by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than those with bad credit.
Obey driving laws and save – Your driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than bad drivers. Having just one citation can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents can influence Volvo S80 car insurance rates for different age groups. The rates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance loss data for Volvo S80 vehicles – Insurance companies factor in historical loss data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates. The next table shows the loss history for Volvo S80 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo S80 4dr 2WD||82|
|Volvo S80 4dr 4WD||93|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Nashville, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability if you want to drive legally. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your S80 has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volvo at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Tennessee overpays more than $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Persistence pays off
We just showed you some good ideas how to shop for Volvo S80 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Nashville auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal, high prices or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching insurance companies is actually quite simple.
Steps to finding cheaper quotes for Volvo S80 insurance in Nashville
Truthfully, the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Nashville is to compare prices annually from different companies in Tennessee.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View companies
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. As soon as you receive it, store the certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use similar coverage information on each price quote and to quote with every company you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and the best price selection.
Much more information about insurance in Tennessee is located on the following sites:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Nashville Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nashville Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)