Want to know an easy way to compare low-cost Dodge Stratus insurance in Nashville? No one in their right mind loves paying for auto insurance, especially when they are paying too much.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Nashville consumers could save themselves $480 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they bought a different policy. There are many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost auto insurance.
You need to quote other rates before your policy renews since prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the best price on Dodge Stratus insurance in Nashville at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the things you must know in order to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
How You Can Control Dodge Stratus Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your commute time.
The items below are just a few of the factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
Having a spouse can save on car insurance – Getting married helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Men drivers tend to cost more – Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women tend to get into at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but guys get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Vehicles with better crash test results are cheaper to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you.
File car insurance claims and pay more – Car insurance companies in Tennessee award the lowest premiums to drivers who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
Drivers with excellent credit save on car insurance – Having a bad credit history will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. People that have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower ratings. So if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Dodge Stratus by improving your credit score.
The quickest way to compare car insurance company rates for Dodge Stratus insurance in Nashville is to take advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to compare their rates. All you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including if a SR-22 is needed, types of safety features, deductibles desired, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. Your details is then submitted to multiple different insurance companies and you get price estimates immediately.
To compare lower-cost Dodge Stratus insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Nashville.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Nashville, TN. In order to find the best car insurance in TN, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Nashville, car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to save money.
Auto insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some insurance carriers give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total Stratus insurance premium.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used Stratus is cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, driver training, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, passive restraint, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Allstate offers discounts including premier plus, good payer, premier discount, teenSMART discount, farm vehicle, and senior citizen.
- Nationwide has savings for good student, defensive driving, anti-theft, easy pay, multi-policy, family plan, and accident-free.
- MetLife may have discounts that include claim-free, good driver, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, accident-free
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To see insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Nashville, click here.
Insurance is available from local insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Insurance agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing insurance online is you can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Nashville.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Nashville who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you would like to find a good Nashville insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents in Nashville are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the differences because it can influence which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, we recommend you include at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Nashville that may be able to give rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Gaffney Insurance Agency and Financial Services LLC
946 Jefferson St #103 – Nashville, TN 37208 – (615) 733-3133 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are Nashville exclusive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agency requires more thought than just a low price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Compare insurance rates regularly to save
You just read some good ideas how you can lower your Dodge Stratus insurance premium rates in Nashville. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company. Some small companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
The cheapest Dodge Stratus insurance in Nashville is attainable from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Nashville, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Steps to finding low-cost Dodge Stratus insurance in Nashville
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Nashville is to compare prices at least once a year from companies in Tennessee. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Nashville. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Nashville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nashville Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nashville Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)